Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Jan 8 snow obs/discussion

TUweathermanDD

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM looks unimpressive for rest of the day and radar is drying up too

well, Ma' Nature finds another way to short BWI snow, even if it was just a forecasted inch or two

hopefully Tuesday works out for all

I know. Strange. I did not think I'd see a flake down this way and I end up with my inch of snow. Who would have thought.

well, Ma' Nature finds another way to short BWI snow, even if it was just a forecasted inch or two

I'm having the feeling that the Tuesday storm will strengthen just in time to slam 40N while we are once again fringed with a pity inch, if that.

I hope I am dead wrong, but it seems like this just isn't our year.

I know! I have been watching radar for the last hour and it seems right when it hit AACO, it broke up entirely.

what is absolutely carzy is that every model, Euro, REGM, GEM, GFS and NAM gave BWI >.10" qpf for this morning at 0Z

even RGEM's 6Z run had us at .1"+

That's why I worry about the next event becoming a complete mess, destroying morale for us Mid Atl folks. When I went to bed after the Euro last night, I was sure BWI and NE would get 1-2 inches. Short term modeling, eh?

Super band = epic FAIL IMBY. Didn't even add anything to my already dismal "accumulation".

This winter is like when your wife says, "Let's have sex tonight!"...you get naked and all excited and just as it's ready to start she says, "I'm tired, let's just snuggle.":axe:

And all those that had some bad chili last night went to the bathroom and missed the "snow storm" here in Odenton.

the modeling this year has been atrocious for us

I can understand bad patterns but there is nothing that irritates me more than when the models show a consensus snow, no matter what the size, and then it just completely fails

maybe its not over and somehow things work out this morning but I say the odds are less than 10%

Archived