Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
18Z model runs

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? It's in the same position its always been for the past 2 days. If anything the two vorts are closer.

I wasn't comparing it to previous runs, I should have said still....The northern energy does still not catch up fast enough and it probably wont, as many have stated our best case scenario is probably a 3-6 incher.

We still need that Northern Stream to dig a little faster/further to catch it I think but not a bad run.

As I said earlier, you might not need that. For DCA/BWI, you might, because Miller B solutions aren't always the best for your area, but I think what was happening on the 12Z suite of the NAM and GFS was that the southern stream feature was being sheared and strung out, and the NORTHERN stream feature was encountering the leftover energy on the coast and blowing up into a Miller B. If seems like the NAM still wants to do that (keeping the northern stream element dominant while the southern stream element serves as the kickstart to cyclogenesis.

As I said earlier, you might not need that. For DCA/BWI, you might, because Miller B solutions aren't always the best for your area, but I think what was happening on the 12Z suite of the NAM and GFS was that the southern stream feature was being sheared and strung out, and the NORTHERN stream feature was encountering the leftover energy on the coast and blowing up into a Miller B. If seems like the NAM still wants to do that (keeping the northern stream element dominant while the southern stream element serves as the kickstart to cyclogenesis.

That's what has always been happening. That's not a new development.

Euro ensembles are a big hit

Surface low tracks off the NJ coast at 114 hours..then over or maybe just inside the benchmark at 120. Well north and west of last nights 00z ensembles.

Overwhelming majority of Euro members are north and west of the OP..there are some very big hits. A whole bunch of them.

Info regarding the 12z Euro ensembles.

Its another reason why 6z and 18z runs are just a waist of time.. Just dreadful...

Elaborate on this for me if you could be so kind? If there were no observations assimilated at 18z, it would look effectively the same as 12z because of how data assimilation works (lagged six hours, so 120h from 18z would look like 126h from 12z). BTW, we STILL assimilate millions of observations during these cycles.

Archived