Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9

Baroclinic Zone

Donnie Baseball KU coming fellas, where and when? AO plunge WOW

4. After mid-month, severe cold should reach the East Coast, possibly preceded by a storm. At least one day of single digit lows is likely in such cities as Philadelphia and New York City. The last time the temperature fell below 10°F in either city was January 17, 2009 when the temperature fell to 6°F in both New York City and Philadelphia.

5. The great AO- regime that is currently underway will persist through at least the first 20 days of the month.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donnie Baseball KU coming fellas, where and when? AO plunge WOW

4. After mid-month, severe cold should reach the East Coast, possibly preceded by a storm. At least one day of single digit lows is likely in such cities as Philadelphia and New York City. The last time the temperature fell below 10°F in either city was January 17, 2009 when the temperature fell to 6°F in both New York City and Philadelphia.

5. The great AO- regime that is currently underway will persist through at least the first 20 days of the month.

I have a meeting in FL ...leaving BOS 1/18 returning 1/20. The storm probably hits 1/19....though 1/18 early would be perfect as I'd be forced into not going...

Rather refreshing being away from model guidance all day. Reviewing 12z and 18z runs now during the down time

I haven't been micro analyzing this thing all day like I normally do. I basically said screw it until tonight's model runs because these events are tough to pin down until the last second. I have a general 2-4" forecast out and I'm sure someone will get a lolli of 6" or more.

Rather refreshing being away from model guidance all day. Reviewing 12z and 18z runs now during the down time

It's been rather refreshing for me to put way less emotional investment in this event than the post Xmas storm. I'm good with whatever we get up here in the NW quadrant. It is nice to see WSW for all of Franklin Co. and well N into VT it shows that both Alb and Bos offices have some confidence in decent snow for these parts.

Still clear, starry sky here which has let us radiate down to 19/13 already. Hoping for some good ratios with this event.

I have a meeting in FL ...leaving BOS 1/18 returning 1/20. The storm probably hits 1/19....though 1/18 early would be perfect as I'd be forced into not going...

Models want a swfe or a Hudson Valley special on that day. That seems like it could be our only "borderline" storm, as far as ptype goes..for a while.

I was thinking that, haha... I've only been able to check once every 24 hours and each day I come back there's another 25 pages of posts... so each day I think something big happened on the models but alas, nope. We just dying for something to talk about, lol.

And as I say that, this post is just adding to the many, many posts of nothingness, haha.

Someone in SNE sees 6" no problem in high ratio snowband. I think MRG and MPM take this one to the bank.

LOL. I think I'll do quite well here relatively speaking. 6-10" , If stars come into complete alignment perhaps better. MPM won't fair so well as his consistent lack of faith will undoubtedly have angered ULLR and he'll struggle to get his low ball estimate of 4". Self-fulfilling prophecy type of thing. Hope you're enjoying Utah. When do you return?

low level clouds rolling in from the ese now off the sound, radar returns blossoming across eastern li and se ct, looks as though some convergence its starting to take shape, let meso mania begin.

Craig Allen on FB has the Scooter JR idea in the back of his head, Great Met

The more the main weather models we use deprive this upcoming system of moisture (and therefore reduces potential snow amounts) the more I'm getting concerned about it getting bigger. Sometimes, there are obscure but better tools to use. After this evening's broadcasts on 880, I'll try to write up some of these concerns.

LOL. I think I'll do quite well here relatively speaking. 6-10" , If stars come into complete alignment perhaps better. MPM won't fair so well as his consistent lack of faith will undoubtedly have angered ULLR and he'll struggle to get his low ball estimate of 4". Self-fulfilling prophecy type of thing. Hope you're enjoying Utah. When do you return?

You guys look to be in good shape.

And what the hell is the ULLR??

Well at the very least, this should be interesting to watch from a mesoscale perspective. Someone will get lucky....we just don't know who yet.

I'm looking forward to see how it evolves tomorrow...even if I end up with an inch. Despite how unpredictable they can be, I feel like there is always a little something we can take away from the event.....something to put in the back of our heads for the next one.

Craig Allen on FB has the Scooter JR idea in the back of his head, Great Met

The more the main weather models we use deprive this upcoming system of moisture (and therefore reduces potential snow amounts) the more I'm getting concerned about it getting bigger. Sometimes, there are obscure but better tools to use. After this evening's broadcasts on 880, I'll try to write up some of these concerns.

I would imagine most mets and weather enthusiasts will be looking at hi res models this evening and during the day tormorrow to see where banding will set up. Craig Allen is God as far as I am concerned, listen to him everyday on cbs 880..

This event tonight over eastern li and se ct is well modeled and discussed at length by okx.

Im just looking forward to the pit tom nite with feathery dendrites cascading down from the gods, should be a perfect night, not too cold, not much wind............perfect for the kids and adults.

mostly cloudy

Yea me too, on the way home I could tell he was not confidant, uses MM5 , DT pointed out to him on FB the .75 lolli over you

Well looks like you draw first blood within an hour or two, hope some of those echoes make it to the ground for you..............

I'm a consultant. You always low-ball. I hope to be a pleasantly suprised client.

Archived