Newest Member
    northernriwx
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so crazy did it all the time as a kid

lol, we used to do it in the summer when we were kids. Cops stopped us once and demanded my friend hand over the skis to him. Friend obliged and passed him the skis holding them by the bindings. Cop grabbed them and promptly burned his hands on the molten bases. Not amused, immediate delivery home to angry and embarrassed parents. Oops.

Euro weeklies FTW

FWIW regarding the blocking....the Euro weeklies that came out tonight show a huge west based -NAO persisting through the first week of February. They aren't always accurate after the first two weeks, but they have been by far the best this winter so far at showing the sustained blocking when many ensemble suites have tried to break it down.

I haven't been micro analyzing this thing all day like I normally do. I basically said screw it until tonight's model runs because these events are tough to pin down until the last second. I have a general 2-4" forecast out and I'm sure someone will get a lolli of 6" or more.

Very mesoscale dependent event, and when model guidance is still having some issues on the synoptic scale, individual runs don't hold as much weight by themselves per se. Whatever way you slice it though, it's like you said -- a light to moderate event with a narrow axis of heavier accumulation and a few orographically enhanced lollies. I have 1-3" right now for SNH with upwards of 4" in the monadnocks through 12z Saturday. Working out the post-norlun stuff right now.

lol, we used to do it in the summer when we were kids. Cops stopped us once and demanded my friend hand over the skis to him. Friend obliged and passed him the skis holding them by the bindings. Cop grabbed them and promptly burned his hands on the molten bases. Not amused, immediate delivery home to angry and embarrassed parents. Oops.

My neighbors have their horses tow them across the field.

OT but humorous and snow related.

Have people seen the video of this crazy mofo car skiing in Manhattan during the blizzard?!?

LOL. That's awesome. We used to do that every snowstorm in Burlington during college. I'll try to find a friend's point of view... its pretty awesome when the parking ban goes into effect because cars are cleared off the street by 11pm. After that time, its just wide open streets, no cars, and deep snow.

Intellicast is terrible..awful..Didn't think anyone even used that anymore...Check BOX/wunderground/..etc they all have it

I think its pretty good as far as precip reaching the ground, and I think its got the best P-Type radar around... usually pretty good in this neck of the woods with elevation events, especially.

Looks like no one is reporting --SN yet, so you can't really say its wrong.

Archived