• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Rolling E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV/Big Jim: Not During Storm OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lows this morning... blue ones were the coldest of the season thus far, bold ones were as cold or colder than all last winter...

TTN 12

DYL 8

PNE 9

NXX 14

WRI 10

VAY 5

SMQ 0

LOM 10

NEL 1

UKT 1

PHL 12

MJX 7

BLM 10

PTW 12

XLL 11

MMU 3

ABE 5

EWR 14

CDW 7

12N 2

TEB 7

NYC 18

ACY 13

ILG 14

LGA 21

MQS 18

JFK 15

MIV 3

MPO 11

FWN 5

LNS 13

HPN 5

FRG 12

DOV 19

AVP 8

WWD 16

MGJ -2

APG 19

SWF -2

MUI 22

GED 21

ESN 21

W29 27

Lows this morning... blue ones were the coldest of the season thus far, bold ones were as cold or colder than all last winter...

TTN 12

DYL 8

PNE 9

NXX 14

WRI 10

VAY 5

SMQ 0

LOM 10

NEL 1

UKT 1

PHL 12

MJX 7

BLM 10

PTW 12

XLL 11

MMU 3

ABE 5

EWR 14

CDW 7

12N 2

TEB 7

NYC 18

ACY 13

ILG 14

LGA 21

MQS 18

JFK 15

MIV 3

MPO 11

FWN 5

LNS 13

HPN 5

FRG 12

DOV 19

AVP 8

WWD 16

MGJ -2

APG 19

SWF -2

MUI 22

GED 21

ESN 21

W29 27

I'm starting to think PTW may have a warmer bias issue, even going back to the summer heat, it read a little higher than what seemed likely, and now it shows a low of 12 from last night. Its not like the spot shouldn't radiate at night either, there is virtually nothing around it. Just something I've noticed over the past 6 months or so.

So looking at all those cold lows, and the fact that Allentown was 5, Scranton was 8, and Mt Pocono was 11, how did I end up torching at 18 here in Tamaqua? And it wasn't a bad sensor on my station, because the old stand by mercury thermometer showed 19 when I was outside for my morning smoke.

So looking at all those cold lows, and the fact that Allentown was 5, Scranton was 8, and Mt Pocono was 11, how did I end up torching at 18 here in Tamaqua? And it wasn't a bad sensor on my station, because the old stand by mercury thermometer showed 19 when I was outside for my morning smoke.

Im amazed that JFK was even colder than you -- and wow, LGA was 6 degrees warmer than JFK and both have snowcover lol.

TTN 12

DYL 13

PNE 15

NXX 16

WRI 8

VAY 7

SMQ 2

LOM 12

NEL 1

UKT 7

PHL 20

MJX 1

BLM 12

PTW 15

XLL 17

MMU 4

ABE 11

EWR 18

CDW 9

12N 1

TEB 12

NYC 23

ACY 13

ILG 18

LGA 25

MQS 18

JFK 21

RDG 16

MIV 7

MPO 2

FWN -2

LNS 16

HPN 8

FRG 8

DOV 19

AVP 10

WWD 19

MGJ -2

SWF 0

MUI 17

GED 19

ESN 23

W29 23

WOW - Feels rather balmy out there at 34F (12F Saturday morning) - cold front moving in to provide enough cold air for over running snow late Monday into Tuesday morning - thinking it will be rain by my commute along the shore - going with ECMWF warmer bias. This weekend and beyond looks interesting, just pick a model any model :rolleyes:.

Don't climate summaries come out around 4:30PM?

There is a national NWS problem regarding some text and graphics not being updated on the web. This is being worked on. The climate summaries (CLI's) from NWS Mount Holly have updated on the regular text page (scroll down to the climate section).

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/phi/productindex.html

There is a national NWS problem regarding some text and graphics not being updated on the web. This is being worked on. The climate summaries (CLI's) from NWS Mount Holly have updated on the regular text page (scroll down to the climate section).

http://www.erh.noaa....oductindex.html

The state text pages were having problems, but it seems to be coming back now. The NWS individual web sites were working without issues.

The state text pages were having problems, but it seems to be coming back now. The NWS individual web sites were working without issues.

It is a national issue. There are some links on each NWS offices web sites that are not updating due to the national issue. My offices local text page is updated as those products get there from a different route, but other links were not updating.

http://www.erh.noaa....oductindex.html

That's what I figured-also I noticed a lot of obs missing for hours yesterday on various ASOS stations so I figured the NWS was having some issues or updates. I went to Weather Underground instead. :)

Archived