• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Rolling E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV/Big Jim: Not During Storm OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

It's ok to be cautious since we need a lot to go right. But most everything has gone right for snow this winter.

Oh? You got the jackpot on 12/26? :whistle:

And Friday's storm was the snow bomb the GEM showed for a bunch of runs? :whistle:

Its been good, there's no denying. But certainly not everything has gone right.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to Utah ;)

Eh, looking kinda warm/dry over there. Although, hour 384 of the GFS shows some promise.

I get the feeling you're ready to pencil in a 75% rain/sleet storm over here. For good reason, we simply can't establish a cold air supplier. I see what people are saying with the late arrival of the HP over the GL and if we can get this to slow down another 12 hours we might have something interesting. I believe many times we see a late game surprise with those s/w features embedded within the flow. One of them speed up, or pop up out of nowhere, or slow down, and then the solution changes. We'll see if something like that happens.

Eh, looking kinda warm/dry over there. Although, hour 384 of the GFS shows some promise.

I get the feeling you're ready to pencil in a 75% rain/sleet storm over here. For good reason, we simply can't establish a cold air supplier. I see what people are saying with the late arrival of the HP over the GL and if we can get this to slow down another 12 hours we might have something interesting. I believe many times we see a late game surprise with those s/w features embedded within the flow. One of them speed up, or pop up out of nowhere, or slow down, and then the solution changes. We'll see if something like that happens.

The way things are looking it might start as sleet, go to rain and then maybe go back to snow before ending along I-95. Not a major snowstorm. I think everyone should be thankful for every ounce of frozen they see with this system.

I know the data is pointing in that direction, but the risk is still there for a winter storm. I'm still going with a moderate risk for a winter storm for the Philadelphia area. Just don't think things are clear cut on this event. Definitely not an easy forecast. Still were a few days away and more changes are likely. The one thing the Euro trended more to the coast the last several days. Be interesting if it shifted a bit more tomorrow..

Anyway, definitely an interesting event for sure..

The way things are looking it might start as sleet, go to rain and then maybe go back to snow before ending along I-95. Not a major snowstorm. I think everyone should be thankful for every ounce of frozen they see with this system.

I know the data is pointing in that direction, but the risk is still there for a winter storm. I'm still going with a moderate risk for a winter storm for the Philadelphia area. Just don't think things are clear cut on this event. Definitely not an easy forecast. Still were a few days away and more changes are likely. The one thing the Euro trended more to the coast the last several days. Be interesting if it shifted a bit more tomorrow..

Anyway, definitely an interesting event for sure..

The most recent run shifted back west. Not onshore yet but close. The GFS also shifted west with its latest run. I agree there's a risk for a winter storm... but the severity is greatly in question. What I described above is what I'd go with now if I absolutely had to make a call. Wouldn't even think of putting accumulation numbers out now, other than to say "probably minor, moderate at most".

The most recent run shifted back west. Not onshore yet but close. The GFS also shifted west with its latest run. I agree there's a risk for a winter storm... but the severity is greatly in question. What I described above is what I'd go with now if I absolutely had to make a call. Wouldn't even think of putting accumulation numbers out now, other than to say "probably minor, moderate at most".

mattinpa is locking you in for 4-8 for this storm for him.

I find it very entertaining all the ups and downs regarding these weather threats, 6 days ago everyone was getting along all was great now 3-4 days away from the threat and its every man for himself. Its great because it shows how much passion you all have for snow almost like a drug the more you get the more you need. I have worked every snowstorm for the past 20 years @ PD and never realized how much has to go right for snow to happen, yeah we have our experts but never thought much about it till I got on this site amazing. Whatever happens next week I hope everyone gets what they want and if not oh well its only weather and the next threat will be coming soon for you guys to track. AWESOME JOB KEEP IT UP

I find it very entertaining all the ups and downs regarding these weather threats, 6 days ago everyone was getting along all was great now 3-4 days away from the threat and its every man for himself. Its great because it shows how much passion you all have for snow almost like a drug the more you get the more you need. I have worked every snowstorm for the past 20 years @ PD and never realized how much has to go right for snow to happen, yeah we have our experts but never thought much about it till I got on this site amazing. Whatever happens next week I hope everyone gets what they want and if not oh well its only weather and the next threat will be coming soon for you guys to track. AWESOME JOB KEEP IT UP

can you put my driveway on your route? ;)

Dropped down to 2 degrees here at 5:30am.

I believe that is the coldest temperatures I've seen since moving to the Delaware Valley in 2004.

I was down to 3 just before midnight, then when I woke up at 7:45 AM - the temp was 9 degrees. I'll assume that the temp here in Spring Mount likely got down to 1 or 2 degrees sometime in the very early morning hours.

The more I learn about weather, that's one thing I've come to realize. It's amazing that it ever snows around here. And that's why I appreciate every flake that falls IMBY. I'd love a blizzard, but I'll still enjoy every dusting I get.

I was down to 3 just before midnight, then when I woke up at 7:45 AM - the temp was 9 degrees. I'll assume that the temp here in Spring Mount likely got down to 1 or 2 degrees sometime in the very early morning hours.

Yup, I was up to 10 this morning at 7am, big rise from 2 at 5:30. I'm sure you were close to 0.

So how would the Euro be for us here in Collegeville? Asking here because can't post IMBY in the storm thread.

I think you should do fine in this storm.Many of the true weenie's ride the euro hard for some strange reason. They seem to take the recent run as the final outcome of this storm. The GFS has been doing well recently.

Average a track between the GFS and euro and should get decent snows

Archived