• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Rolling E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV/Big Jim: Not During Storm OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably obvious, but right now I'm thinking 1-3" for Trenton followed by ice late Monday night->Tuesday, then a break... then ice to rain Tuesday night->Wednesday. If there is indeed a break (which I'm hoping for very much), I'll probably just archive the first part...

Ok, I think this is the appropriate forum to ask this question...

I'm scheduled to drive from Newark, DE to Hagerstown, MD on Tuesday night after work for a rather large business meeting. I am bringing two colleagues with me, plus there are folks driving from NYC. About 20 others are going to be flying into BWI and/or Dulles on Tuesday night. I am not thrilled at ALL about the forecasts and need to make a decision relatively soon as to whether or not we should cancel this business meeting. What are folks thoughts about the travel severity driving along I-70 west, as well as inbound air traffic?

So what's the scoop on the friday/saturday storm for our area? The main thread is 95% only analysis for I95 south and east as usual.I head it could be a slushy few inches for NEPA, but from all I've seen it looks like low qpf back this way.

12z GEM shows a good hit of QPF, but marginal temps. to support snow. The GFS again is marginal. The NAM least interesting. I would think NE PA (potentially) ends up with a few slushy inches, I guess its not out of the question either for SE PA either, but that area will be fighting issues like marginal low level temps, unfavorable time of day and potentially intensity of precipitation issues. Definetely still worth watching. Maybe its a stronger thump like the GEM shows and temps. work out just right aloft for several inches of heavy wet snow in part of eastern PA.

12z GEM shows a good hit of QPF, but marginal temps. to support snow. The GFS again is marginal. The NAM least interesting. I would think NE PA (potentially) ends up with a few slushy inches, I guess its not out of the question either for SE PA either, but that area will be fighting issues like marginal low level temps, unfavorable time of day and potentially intensity of precipitation issues. Definetely still worth watching. Maybe its a stronger thump like the GEM shows and temps. work out just right aloft for several inches of heavy wet snow in part of eastern PA.

Right now I'd probably call for light rain to start - maybe a period of sleet - and then a slushy 2-3 inches of snow.

Archived