• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Rolling E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV/Big Jim: Not During Storm OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: northshorewx's last post.

Here's the snow depth progression for Colts Neck, NJ:

27th: 25"

28th: 23"

29th: 21"

30th: 20"

31st: 18"

1st: 15"

2nd: 10"

These are all for the morning. Basically a rate of 2" melt per day, then a crushing blow over the weekend. Right now, I'm down to about 5-6" on average with spots as high as 12-15" or as low as 1-2". Patches of bare ground seen only under trees or where the wind had alread blown much of the snow away.

Snow turned into a solid sheet of ice now.

About 3-6" still on average with the deepest spots up to 15".

How much does NYC have left? I'd think like around 3-4"? They were 9" Sunday morning, probably lost at least 5" yesterday.

Climate has 6" listed for the 12Z reading. EWR had 3" at that time.

here in Wilkes-Barre we have had just a trace of snow. and it is all gone. I hear that ice depths on the lakes are already at 12 inches plus. that is unusual. We only ice depths of that deep after and extended deep freeeze.

it's sad---we had about an inch and a half here in Pittston--

I actually got excited driving home from work because I went through a 30 second long squall in avoca.

22.4° IMBY this AM

how warm we get today dictates how much snow will stick tomorrow. anybody that manages to stay blow freezing today will do much better tomorrow

I don't think that's necessarily true, it ought to drop back below freezing (if only a couple degrees) this evening, well before the snow arrives.

BTW, I'm thinking 1-3" for the Trenton area...

Archived