• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Rolling E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV/Big Jim: Not During Storm OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On business in DC area - 1) traveling home on Friday AM early - could be interesting 2) TV Mets (Local CBS station) here say that models are trending for Tuesday event S&E - non event?

EC had good consistency with the after-Christmas bomb in the medium range (showing a bomb), and also with the storm before it (showing it OTS). Right now EC seems to be fringe or OTS. I'm not gonna get really interested in the potential next week until I see the EC show a hit for a couple of runs in a row.

Here's my banter for today. An absolute joke of a forecast by NWS bing for the Wyoming Valley--schools shut down across the valley--by 11am today the sun was out and the ground was back to brown.

We ended up with less than a half inch in Pittston and the surrounding towns. 1/2 inch. Went to bed last night with a forecast of 3-6 inches and a WWA...

That's my banter. Good day.

*JIM*

heading up to the poconos soon. heard from someone already up there that 4-5 inches new fell? anyone else in the area confirm that?? even a few inches of fresh powder will put smiles on my skiers.

i heard Frost has around 5"

heading to Blue tomorrow.. on lift at 8am to avoid the zoo for a couple hours i hope

What Happened for Saturday??Snowman.gifSnowman.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

..WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE: SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS: FOUR INCHES OR MORE.

* TIMING: BEGINNING OVER FAR SOUTHERN AND SOUTHWESTERN NEW JERSEY BY AROUND 10 AM SATURDAY AND SPREADING NORTHEAST TO NEAR INTERSTATE 195 BY AROUND NOON. ENDING IN THE EVENING.

* IMPACTS: SNOW WOULD STICK TO ROADWAYS, ESPECIALLY BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY UNTREATED ONES. SNOWFALL RATES WOULD CAUSE THE VISIBILITY TO DROP TO OR BELOW ONE-HALF MILE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. DRIVING WOULD BECOME HAZARDOUS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

Today's snow total 2'"

seasonal total=9.75"

This little system for tomorrow is a pleasant surprise. I cant remember the last time i had a 2-4" forecast for snow dropped on me from out of the blue. Closest thing to that was the suddenly back on the books after christmas snow, but for a day where snow was never in the forecast other than flurries been quite a few years. Guess it wants to snow this year and this might become the best January winter weather month in some years as well if there is a storm next week. We are overdue for a good January

Archived