joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Obs and Disco 12/28-1/7

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah these maps are all imperfect...but gives you the general idea anyway. They are actually overstating the snow depth in the southern Dacks! I was in the far south central Dacks foothills yesterday and 2-4" is generous.

It's got a 4-6 blue dot smack dab over ORH where they had 12 inches..so it is way off there at least

Taken from the NWS "Public Information Statement" link.

Kevin,

Are you the "trained spotter" for Tolland? If so how does one become "trained"?

:unsure:

I think someone at BOX put my obs down as a Ham Radio... seemed to get posted a little after I posted my total. I'm not a huge fan of ham, unless it is Boar's Head.

Blizz is doing well in the WOTY voting, round 2...

Why would he want this albatross? He will torch and have pingers and drought for another year if he wins

I think he will fall in round 3

I always do well every year.and never win. It's just a popularity contest. I'll never win it..but will always advance deep. It just means people like my posting ability.

And yes Garth I am one of the spotters in Tolland. You have to take a course/live session that BOX offers periodically thruout the year . They usually come to CT once or twice..so you can do it then.

I always do well every year.and never win. It's just a popularity contest. I'll never win it..but will always advance deep. It just means people like my posting ability.

And yes Garth I am one of the spotters in Tolland. You have to take a course/live sssion that BOX offers periodically thruout the year . They usually come to CT once or twice..so you can do it then.

Indeed we do. I hope your family is getting better, soon. 29.6F/24F

I think someone at BOX put my obs down as a Ham Radio... seemed to get posted a little after I posted my total. I'm not a huge fan of ham, unless it is Boar's Head.

True dat.

And yes Garth I am one of the spotters in Tolland. You have to take a course/live session that BOX offers periodically thruout the year . They usually come to CT once or twice..so you can do it then.

Cool, I may look into that. We don't have crap for spotter info here in north Brooklyn.

I thought i remember that last year, you being one of the people rallying votes for Ray...perhaps i am mistaken

You know, I was a defender of this storm as anything more than pedestrian, but I have to admit, the snow on the ground here feels like nothing close to 19". Did it all disintegrate in the wind? I don't see huge drifts, and in open, sheltered parks, there was no more than about 10" on the ground yesterday. The impact, in terms of snowfall, seems less than the 2/2006 17" and even the Friday/Sunday double-whammy in December from a few years ago.

Not complaining... just an observation. It's not piled up here in city like I'd expect from a 19" storm.

You know, I was a defender of this storm as anything more than pedestrian, but I have to admit, the snow on the ground here feels like nothing close to 19". Did it all disintegrate in the wind? I don't see huge drifts, and in open, sheltered parks, there was no more than about 10" on the ground yesterday. The impact, in terms of snowfall, seems less than the 2/2006 17" and even the Friday/Sunday double-whammy in December from a few years ago.

Not complaining... just an observation. It's not piled up here in city like I'd expect from a 19" storm.

I'm guessing that much of the city got less than 19"... probably 17", plus it blew around so much.

Did you see/read about the Charles River? Interesting effect of the storm. Turned it yellow...

I remember the good old days when NWS ALB used HAM radio (or amateur band maybe it was called) to get their obs. I would tune it in off the repeater on Mount Greylock and listen to each person give their obs in some predetermined order. It was always fun during a snowstorm and the best way to get obs before the net.

uote name='HubbDave' timestamp='1293633192' post='202486']

High 41 tomorrow dews below freezing, high 42 Friday dews below freezing, nighttime temps in the teens, what are you smoking? Six solid across entire yard.

If you went out and took 6 measurements now I bet 4 or 5 of them would be 5 inches or under..we lucked out today with clouds. Saturday is the true torch day 50's

If you went out and took 6 measurements now I bet 4 or 5 of them would be 5 inches or under..we lucked out today with clouds. Saturday is the true torch day 50's

Wait a minute, you started out saying tomorrow afternoon I have bare spots, then Friday now we are on to Sat. Fortunately for me lots of snow was blown into my yard so six is true as of this AM unlike you with your disaster snow blown out of your yard I will not be seeing grass until Sat at the earliest if then.

Certainly by Friday yes..not everywhere..but much much melting

High 41 tomorrow dews below freezing, high 42 Friday dews below freezing, nighttime temps in the teens, what are you smoking? Six solid across entire yard.

Wait a minute, you started out saying tomorrow afternoon I have bare spots, then Friday now we are on to Sat. Fortunately for me lots of snow was blown into my yard so six is true as of this AM unlike you with your disaster snow blown out of your yard I will not be seeing grass until Sat at the earliest if then.

:lol:

I have about 9-12" imy.....I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath.

Archived