SEwakenosnowforu Posted August 22 Share Posted August 22 Well...so much for that...very light rain...ugg I am under .25 for the month Lol...skipped right over wake co...jeez Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NorthHillsWx Posted August 22 Share Posted August 22 28 minutes ago, SEwakenosnowforu said: Well...so much for that...very light rain...ugg I am under .25 for the month Lol...skipped right over wake co...jeez It’s still raining but we’ve had just 0.21” today with a flood watch. Pretty sad Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cbmclean Posted August 22 Share Posted August 22 A gut punch. It appears that the dynamics were not enough to overcome the stubborn cloud cover over the NE quadrant of NC. An anemic 0.19" for the day. Glad I got the 0.33" yesterday so I at least break 0.50" for the week. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
marsman Posted August 22 Share Posted August 22 .40" from yesterday, was a gentle rain. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NorthHillsWx Posted August 22 Share Posted August 22 Finished with 0.24” which brings MTD to 1.36” Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
yotaman Posted August 23 Share Posted August 23 .04" was all we could muster today. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Met1985 Posted August 23 Share Posted August 23 Winston Salem is getting hammered. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WinstonSalemArlington Posted August 23 Share Posted August 23 81 degrees with dewpoints in the 50s. We so deserve this! 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
marsman Posted August 24 Share Posted August 24 Refreshing low of 64 at 7:15am. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
eyewall Posted August 24 Share Posted August 24 It felt great outside this morning! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NorthHillsWx Posted August 24 Share Posted August 24 Some 50's across central NC this morning. Combined with the low humidity it feels great outside 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
yotaman Posted August 24 Share Posted August 24 Had a real nice thunderstorm this morning. Picked up .47" from it. Unfortunately the sun came out afterwards. Currently it is 85/79 for a feels like of 98. No dry air here. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GaWx Posted August 24 Share Posted August 24 A severe thunderstorm went over my home ~3:10-25PM per radar. I’m out of town and thus couldn’t witness it. I think this is the first sig. rain there in a good while. Edit 8/25: Per Cocorahs and radar, I’m roughly estimating my home got 0.4” afternoon of 8/24. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
yotaman Posted August 24 Share Posted August 24 We have ended with .97" for the day. That puts me at 5.33" for the month. 2 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
olafminesaw Posted August 24 Share Posted August 24 @eyewall Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NorthHillsWx Posted August 25 Share Posted August 25 79/57 at 12:40. Amazing 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
eyewall Posted August 25 Share Posted August 25 18 hours ago, olafminesaw said: @eyewall It was the brightest one I have seen so far! 3 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
olafminesaw Posted August 25 Share Posted August 25 2 hours ago, eyewall said: It was the brightest one I have seen so far! Nice! I got a quick glimpse, it was mostly obscured by trees from my vantage point 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WinstonSalemArlington Posted August 25 Share Posted August 25 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
yotaman Posted August 25 Share Posted August 25 Low of 68, high of 90.5. Dew points in the low 70's most of the day. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GaWx Posted August 25 Share Posted August 25 Today was the 2nd afternoon in a row that my home had a severe thunderstorm warning. The heaviest was mainly 5-6 PM. Per radar my place likely got a really good dousing, but I’m out of town. I’ll check Cocorahs and other things later to get an estimate on the rainfall. *Edit: After considering radar loops and 1.99” at Hunter, the best I can do is to very roughly estimate my home’s total at 1.5”. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
marsman Posted August 25 Share Posted August 25 Low of 64 at 7:32am, high of 90 at 5:04pm. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
eyewall Posted August 26 Share Posted August 26 14 hours ago, olafminesaw said: Nice! I got a quick glimpse, it was mostly obscured by trees from my vantage point Yeah this was one was timed absolutely perfectly and in the photos the sky looks lighter than it actually was of course. It was super bright with high contrast. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NorthHillsWx Posted August 26 Share Posted August 26 Low of 62.9 this morning, my coolest morning low since June Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
yotaman Posted August 26 Share Posted August 26 High of 90, low of 69. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NorthHillsWx Posted August 27 Share Posted August 27 The relief from the heat was nice, as were the low DPs. Back up into the 70's with current DP. Looks like another extended period AN just as football season kicks off, joy Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GaWx Posted August 27 Share Posted August 27 I didn’t see the radar loop yesterday (8/26) for my area. However, based on radar based rainfall estimates shown by local TV websites and considering Hunter’s 1.27”, I’m roughly estimating my home got a 2nd day in a row of a good hit yesterday with 0.75” (for 8/26). I’m not there to see a measurement. I already very roughly estimated 1.5” the day before (for 8/25). That puts my place at ~~7.25” MTD, a very beneficial wetter than normal being there’s still a moderate drought there lingering per the latest Drought Monitor. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cbmclean Posted August 27 Share Posted August 27 4 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said: The relief from the heat was nice, as were the low DPs. Back up into the 70's with current DP. Looks like another extended period AN just as football season kicks off, joy Meanwhile, please drop the Raleigh rain shield. There's a nice line of storms moving in from the SW and I don't want to see it die. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NorthHillsWx Posted August 27 Share Posted August 27 18 minutes ago, cbmclean said: Meanwhile, please drop the Raleigh rain shield. There's a nice line of storms moving in from the SW and I don't want to see it die. Holding strong so far. Just 0.01” here Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
marsman Posted August 27 Share Posted August 27 .21" and counting. Only getting a good rain here, none of the torrential stuff. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now