• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Central Pa. Spring 2024

55 minutes ago, canderson said:

OK who turned the AC on today? I mean aside from @Itstrainingtime which has had his humming since February 1 or so!

I’m still holding my out but it’s a struggle. It’s hot.  

The high today was higher than any Average/Normal Summer Day at MDT including the peak heat of July.    What are you waiting for?  LOL.    

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The high today was higher than any Average/Normal Summer Day at MDT including the peak heat of July.    What are you waiting for?  LOL.    

I’ve never come close to turning the AC on in April. It’s principle, damn it! Ha 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, canderson said:

OK who turned the AC on today? I mean aside from @Itstrainingtime which has had his humming since February 1 or so!

I’m still holding my out but it’s a struggle. It’s hot.  

I caved today & the AC is now on in Marysville.

It looks like it will only be needed for a few days this week before temps back off a bit.

• Like 1

.CLIMATE...
Record high temperatures were set at the following locations
today (Monday):

SITE        2024 OBS     PRVS RECORD
Altoona          86F     83F (1956)
Bradford         82F     76F (1984)
Williamsport     89F     86F (1942/1974)

Copied this from weather.gov. Someone earlier mentioned record was broken for Lancaster. I wonder why it wasn't on this list?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU officially hit 90 today. 

Saw that! MDT topped out at 89. Like I said, not even close :D

Low of 60 at my place. Feels like a hot one. 

3 hours ago, CoralRed said:
.CLIMATE...
today (Monday):

Copied this from weather.gov. Someone earlier mentioned record was broken for Lancaster. I wonder why it wasn't on this list?

That was Millersville University, not LNS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Saw that! MDT topped out at 89. Like I said, not even close :D

Low of 60 at my place. Feels like a hot one. 

That was Millersville University, not LNS. 

MU is not Lancaster's official station so it is not on the list.  Although I think it should be.

LNS (airport) is official.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

MU is not Lancaster's official station so it is not on the list.  Although I think it should be.

LNS (airport) is official.

10 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yes, that was exactly the point I was trying to make.  Thanks for clearing up. 

Over the years, both Horst and Elliott would refer to Lanco's official numbers as being recorded at MU. I must have misunderstood what they were communicating. At any rate, thank you for the clarification. I honestly thought all along that our official numbers were recorded in Millersville. Learned something new today! 

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Over the years, both Horst and Elliott would refer to Lanco's official numbers as being recorded at MU. I must have misunderstood what they were communicating. At any rate, thank you for the clarification. I honestly thought all along that our official numbers were recorded in Millersville. Learned something new today! 

That was why I pointed out that LNS is getting commercial jets (albeit it small).  May change the temps there!   For today over here it has stayed at 70-72 for 3 hours now.  Got there around 7 and has not budged. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That was why I pointed out that LNS is getting commercial jets (albeit it small).  May change the temps there!   For today over here it has stayed at 70-72 for 3 hours now.  Got there around 7 and has not budged. 

I haven't flown out of LNS in years - I used to quite a bit when I was younger. They definitely had passenger jets years ago. I try really hard not to fly these days and don't keep up with what's going on. 

I came into the office later this morning as I have an early evening meeting. In the span of my 20 minute drive the temp went from 70 up to 77! 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I haven't flown out of LNS in years - I used to quite a bit when I was younger. They definitely had passenger jets years ago. I try really hard not to fly these days and don't keep up with what's going on. 

I came into the office later this morning as I have an early evening meeting. In the span of my 20 minute drive the temp went from 70 up to 77! 

I just read that the airplanes are actually fairly big.  137 passengers.  Breeze Airlines.  Service to Orlando starts in October.   Apparently this is a first as to regular scheduled jets. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well, I would agree with you (and them) that MU is more of the official record keeper for Lancaster; it's just that the NWS is only going to cite their official sites for record keeping, I would imagine.  For one, LNS has only been recording observations since like 1999, whereas MU I believe goes back to something like 1914??  LNS also doesn't keep any snowfall data, which is reason enough to scorn them haha.  Heck, the Filtration plant near downtown Lancaster would probably serve as a better site as well.  At least they have records going back to the mid 70s and track snowfall to some degree.  In any case, MU would clearly have the most extensive climate record, along with the most attention to detail and record keeping.  They deserve the title ha.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CoralRed said:
.CLIMATE...
today (Monday):

For the record, DuBois also set a record high yesterday.

SXUS71 KPBZ 300540
RERDUJ

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA
0137 AM EDT TUE APR 30 2024

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT DUBOIS...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 82 DEGREES WAS SET AT DUBOIS YESTERDAY.
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 80 DEGREES SET IN 1970.

$$

TC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheClimateChanger said:

For the record, DuBois also set a record high yesterday.

SXUS71 KPBZ 300540
RERDUJ

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA
0137 AM EDT TUE APR 30 2024

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT DUBOIS...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 82 DEGREES WAS SET AT DUBOIS YESTERDAY.
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 80 DEGREES SET IN 1970.

$$

TC

We've been anxiously awaiting this. 

• Haha 1