• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

What a night! Power went off about 7:30ish. Then PPL said it wouldn't be restored till 11pm Monday. Well power came back on at 11:45pm. I tried going to bed but I fell asleep for maybe 30 min until I was awakened by my flashing alarm clock. So I figured I might as well get up and start the furnace as it will go out after being off for such a long time. Then I washed up and went to bed. I wasn;t in bed long till I heard my wife phone alarm going off telling her to get up for work. Well she got up and started off to work and she came back home woke me up telling me theres a tree across the road (and it was a big tree) a half mile from our place. Well the township only works part time so we called the state Police to report it they gave us the Dauphin County non emergency number to report it. Well the fire company must have come over and sawed it up She finally left for work at 5:15 2 hours late because of the wind blown tree that was down. So here I am up now for 24 hrs without no sleep. Hard to sleep when your biological clock is saying time to get up.

• Like 3

Low of 57 and .17" of rainfall here.  Got all my hedge trimming done yesterday.  Plus, sawed up a huge pine limb that had fallen during one of the previous storms and did some grass patchwork.  I'll mow later today.

Man, I was taken aback by the winds that rolled through here around 9 last night.  Some of the strongest I've ever seen or heard around our new place.  Intense and swirling.  Immediately there were sirens to be heard coming from everywhere and friends were texting about how crazy it was.  I wasn't expecting it at all because everything I had heard from local Mets was that the parameters weren't there for severe down our way.  I'm actually about to check the property for any damage.  

28 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 57 and .17" of rainfall here.  Got all my hedge trimming done yesterday.  Plus, sawed up a huge pine limb that had fallen during one of the previous storms and did some grass patchwork.  I'll mow later today.

Man, I was taken aback by the winds that rolled through here around 9 last night.  Some of the strongest I've ever seen or heard around our new place.  Intense and swirling.  Immediately there were sirens to be heard coming from everywhere and friends were texting about how crazy it was.  I wasn't expecting it at all because everything I had heard from local Mets was that the parameters weren't there for severe down our way.  I'm actually about to check the property for any damage.  

The highest wind gust here on my weather station (in Mount Joy) was 21. 

Some roofs damaged and trees down just north of Lewistown.  People on Facebook say it was a tornado ,but looking over the radar I saw no rotation in that location. What it dose look like is that a cell collapsed right over that area, so I'm thinking it was strong downdrafts .
IMG_20240414_224657.thumb.jpg.ca902414df731c5b99b88d1a865d9a43.jpg

There were a shit ton of trees down out by Petersburg, which is just NW of Lewistown. I would agree likely a downdraft.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

53 minutes ago, anotherman said:

The highest wind gust here on my weather station (in Mount Joy) was 21. 

It was far windier in Maytown all afternoon than it was last evening. Nothing to note at all with that.

@Mount Joy Snowman - must have been somewhat isolated? I did not see anything out of the ordinary on my drive to Conestoga this morning. I don't recall even seeing any debris at all. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It was far windier in Maytown all afternoon than it was last evening. Nothing to note at all with that.

@Mount Joy Snowman - must have been somewhat isolated? I did not see anything out of the ordinary on my drive to Conestoga this morning. I don't recall even seeing any debris at all. 

Yeah it appears it was quite isolated.  It blew over a bunch of stuff on our porch and was just generally as loud as I've heard the wind here.  Odd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I had the same thing in northern York. Could hear the wind coming. All the winds in the past year never moved my kid’s trampoline, mind you it’s tied to a massive log. It lifted the trampoline until it broke the rope tossed it about 20 to 30 feet in the air. I ran out to secure it so it didn’t hit the house as I did so stuff blew over my Neighbors house to the left, then switched and started blowing over my neighbors house to the right.  Tossed my chairs all around by the fire pit. Not sure what it was but was very strong and swirled. Heard sirens for the next 15 minutes non stop. Bunch of trees down and one landed on a car that was driving. This was between ski roundtop and Pinchot lake. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

I had the same thing in northern York. Could hear the wind coming. All the winds in the past year never moved my kid’s trampoline, mind you it’s tied to a massive log. It lifted the trampoline until it broke the rope tossed it about 20 to 30 feet in the air. I ran out to secure it so it didn’t hit the house as I did so stuff blew over my Neighbors house to the left, then switched and started blowing over my neighbors house to the right.  Tossed my chairs all around by the fire pit. Not sure what it was but was very strong and swirled. Heard sirens for the next 15 minutes non stop. Bunch of trees down and one landed on a car that was driving. This was between ski roundtop and Pinchot lake. 

Yeah...I remember you saying last night how bad it was. Skipped right over here evidently. I got 2 crazy but short downpours and that was it. 

11 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

I had a buddy whose trampoline went airborne as well. Luckily he had it chained down.  Yeah it was a weird little event to be sure.  Like I said, totally caught me off guard.