• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

24 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Philly is riding the edge on most models - either just inside or outside the area of rain. The trend has been to shift precip east towards the coast over the past 24 hours 

GFS still not there yet but those maps are more broad brushed so if you are ok sitting in damp, 40's but no rain falling, you might still be golden. 

11 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Caps playing some good hockey right now

Flyers fan here since the 1970s - Caps are playing very well. Playing very well at the right time of the year. One thing your team has that we're lacking right now is some veteran leadership. Having had Bears season tickets for years, I have a lot of respect and enjoy seeing Washington do well.

Flyers are maximizing what they have to the limit. 3 times they fell behind in the 3rd period last night at MSG, 3 times they came back and tied it up. What is lacking in talent is not evident in the heart of that team. I'm not sure I've seen a team as resilient as the Flyers are and I've been an ardent fan of all 4 major sports going back to the early 1970s. 

I'd love to see one finish 3rd in the Metropolitan and the other claim a Wild Card berth. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

They have been jockeying Hershey players around which has been helpful. And what is more amazing, the Bears keep winning.  

Hershey - Washington system has always worked far better than the period of time that the Bears were affiliated with Philly or Colorado. I was really happy when the Bears went back to being Washington's farm team. 

• Like 1

Cloudy day with showers arriving shortly. Chilly with temps remaining in the 40's in most locales. Steadier rain by later today and through tomorrow morning. For those who celebrate Opening Day of the baseball season (should be a national holiday IMHO) the Phightin Phillies game may be in a bit of trouble....Friday looks much better but breezy and chilly,
Record High 85 degrees in Coatesville (1921) / Low 16 West Chester (2001) / Rain 2.54" Chadds Ford (1978) / Snow 2.0" Devault (1959)
image.png.064df41ed036e9bdeda71d887fd5c1d7.png

Moderate to heavy rain falling here at work. Radar is blossoming down south but the trajectory of that stuff will be to the east of most if not all of us. 
The rain is going east of us this year instead of north. Soon we will have posts of Lancaster county begging for rain to stop while @Bubbler86 is under d1/d2

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow, is that normal for a 24 hour postponement ahead of time?  

Not normal but not unprecedented - I think they've done this in the past prior to "big" games. Opening Day draws fans from all over and I'll say this...kudos to the organization for making the decision now. I don't really care that much about weather conditions, but I would obviously prefer staying home rather than driving down there and then finding out the game was called. I think it's a pretty classy move by the Phillies. Friday is open for this very reason...use it to everyone's advantage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not normal but not unprecedented - I think they've done this in the past prior to "big" games. Opening Day draws fans from all over and I'll say this...kudos to the organization for making the decision now. I don't really care that much about weather conditions, but I would obviously prefer staying home rather than driving down there and then finding out the game was called. I think it's a pretty classy move by the Phillies. Friday is open for this very reason...use it to everyone's advantage. 

It will be a Good Friday for a season opener. 

• Haha 2