• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central Pa. Spring 2024

16 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Almost totally shut out on the rain. After that great May start I can't believe I'm going to have to depend on rain over memorial day weekend to not finish below average for the month.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yea, worried the summer is starting slowly. 

Yea, worried the summer is starting slowly. 
It's even worse because similar to last July it seems we have the patent down pat on having rain/clouds on 15-23days but it just not producing

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

It's even worse because similar to last July it seems we have the patent down pat on having rain/clouds on 15-23days but it just not producing

We are at least starting out on better footing, here is the drought map from one year ago.  Now it is only D0 in Northern VA and Far East WV as to our closest drought designation vs. this map from last year.

image.png.30934a28d5a5e5bf918617862b5cc4b6.png

We are at least starting out on better footing, here is the drought map from one year ago.  Now it is only D0 in Northern VA and Far East WV as to our closest drought designation vs. this map from last year.

image.png.30934a28d5a5e5bf918617862b5cc4b6.png
I know. But to me it being cloudy/rainy on 75% of the days of the month and not being well above normal is like the absolute bitch slap. To be sitting where we are, needing rain to finish average; well that's a nut shot to. It should not take 20+ days of measurable precipitation to break 4".

MU Weather Center

@MUweather

This morning’s convection and widespread cloud cover should be a good thing in terms of #severeweather later today. It will help stabilize the atmosphere and limit instability, so activity after midday could be very isolated and relatively weak.

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU Weather Center

@MUweather

This morning’s convection and widespread cloud cover should be a good thing in terms of #severeweather later today. It will help stabilize the atmosphere and limit instability, so activity after midday could be very isolated and relatively weak.

It stinks on ice. I want storms, damnit. 

IMO the chance of any severe storms around the LSV was extremely minimal at best, even before our solid cloud cover this AM. 

Friday and Sunday look dry; Saturday it probably rains a bit and Monday looks like more solid shower coverage and maybe a storm or two in the afternoon. Sucks for the holiday weekend. 

16 minutes ago, canderson said:

IMO the chance of any severe storms around the LSV was extremely minimal at best, even before our solid cloud cover this AM. 

Friday and Sunday look dry; Saturday it probably rains a bit and Monday looks like more solid shower coverage and maybe a storm or two in the afternoon. Sucks for the holiday weekend. 

We have had Memorial day weather issues for years now.  Seems to be bad timing each year.   Water temp in OC, MD is only 58 so not like the beach is going to be filled with people getting in the water. 

Well, today is my last full day in Phoenix. Tomorrow everything I'm bringing home gets loaded in a Ubox, and the guy buying what I've not donated picks his stuff up. Then I begin the 2,300 mile journey home.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that it's been an emotional ride these past few weeks/months. My mom's fall. Her getting sick and then her passing. Going through the house deciding what to trash, donate, sell, and bring home. And now leaving the home they loved for 25 years.

It hasn't been easy, and I've made a couple of mistakes, but I've discovered that I'm stronger than I ever thought I was. It's been quite a life lesson, that's for sure.

Hopefully, once I'm on the road, I'll be focused on the future, and not the past. The memories, though, will always be in my heart.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Well, today is my last full day in Phoenix. Tomorrow everything I'm bringing home gets loaded in a Ubox, and the guy buying what I've not donated picks his stuff up. Then I begin the 2,300 mile journey home.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that it's been an emotional ride these past few weeks/months. My mom's fall. Her getting sick and then her passing. Going through the house deciding what to trash, donate, sell, and bring home. And now leaving the home they loved for 25 years.

It hasn't been easy, and I've made a couple of mistakes, but I've discovered that I'm stronger than I ever thought I was. It's been quite a life lesson, that's for sure.

Hopefully, once I'm on the road, I'll be focused on the future, and not the past. The memories, though, will always be in my heart.

Sorry again for your loss. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Hard process you’ve had to go through  - make sure you take care of you. Often people don’t think to take themselves and  put them above their surroundings. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

I am so very sorry about your mother's unexpected illness and death. I hope you have a good trip home. It must feel so wonderful knowing you will be back where you belong among your family and friends when you arrive. They missed you so much I'm sure.

Take care,

Joan 

• Thanks 2

One of the greatest things I'll drive around across the country from Arizona all the way up here is the metamorphosis that occurs in the landscape and the atmosphere and everything around it. Are you probably know early so much probably one of the best times to do it. I'm sure you'll get some amazing photogenic shots of storms on the plains and going through all the different sceneries of this great nation. Take each night and treat each state like it's a part of you that you're going through so that when you get back here you were able to shed the old you and bring out the new you

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Voyager said:

Safe travels and the memories are part of you now and though not all good, are life lived the best you could. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1