• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Central Pa. Spring 2024

3:15a: Williamsport's story is also one of getting much more rain than than predicted. Montoursville Airport already has .7 since evening and we were only supposed to get .25. On the other hand, the .13 for later today is less than I think was originally predicted. It has been coming down fairly hard for hours. 

Update: We have another .48 at 5.08a. Still more to come "Rain, mainly before noon... between a quarter and half of an inch possible."

Looking ahead to the summer, I saw this map earlier today. I think AccuWeather should have included all of Canada since smoke comes down here from Northern Canada too.

image.png.c03ecac380ecb49a3b64c8e6c4d7c34a.png

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-forecasts/canada-wildfire-smoke-is-creating-unhealthy-air-quality-in-the-northern-us/1649945#google_vignette

Laughs from Alberta, Canada: "they have an abundance of resources for this fire" so please tell me why they haven't used them yet? Those flames too close to the houses.

In case anyone was wondering, some of us will never forget the smoke of early June 2023. Who can believe it has been almost a year?

6494a130-1197-4d8e-9f95-ede4770b3e1c-1_all_179.thumb.png.4db66c044f9b2b0dd93670e02a8ff827.png

• Like 1

1.30in or rain overnight. 1.53 for the week. 4.50 for the month, and 20.93 for the year. An early moisture laden tropical storm headed from Gulf would spell doom for Pa. if it happens in the next several weeks. We need to dry out.
0.68" for day, 3.55" for month. You always seem a good amount ahead of us down in Harrisburg. I take it the elevation around you helps in some of these flows.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3:15a: Williamsport's story is also one of getting much more rain than than predicted. Montoursville already has .7 since evening and we were only supposed to get .25. On the other hand, the .13 for later today is less than I think was originally predicted. It has been coming down fairly hard for hours. 
Update: We have another .48 at 5.08a. Still more to come "Rain, mainly before noon... between a quarter and half of an inch possible."
Looking ahead to the summer, I saw this map earlier today. I think AccuWeather should have included all of Canada since smoke comes down here from Northern Canada too.
image.png.c03ecac380ecb49a3b64c8e6c4d7c34a.png
https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-forecasts/canada-wildfire-smoke-is-creating-unhealthy-air-quality-in-the-northern-us/1649945#google_vignette
Laughs from Alberta, Canada: "they have an abundance of resources for this fire" so please tell me why they haven't used them yet? Those flames too close to the houses.
[/url] In case anyone was wondering, some of us will never forget the smoke of early June 2023. Who can believe it has been almost a year?
6494a130-1197-4d8e-9f95-ede4770b3e1c-1_all_179.thumb.png.4db66c044f9b2b0dd93670e02a8ff827.png

If they get big wildfires in Wisconsin or Minnesota this year we will be right back in the mix of bad air. I also think our very dry pattern played a big role in how bad it got

[mention=1156]canderson[/mention] still mostly dry and quite warm in SRQ for the upcoming period.  Wagons West though.  75 and East up to 95-100. 
At least it looks better than hells swamp ass, otherwise known as Miami. A high/low there of 95/83 is god awful. You guys get to Misty big storms today down there but maybe you get some Saturday into Sunday

• Like 1

We need a much needed break from this pattern. Maybe DT's crystal ball will offer us some hope in the future.
I just don't want our break to mean straight to 90s. I need some nice days in the 70s. If it's a choice between this or 90s I'll take this.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Hi. Thanks for responding to my post. Could you retry giving me the link about the wildfires in Wisconsin? It is the strangest thing but when I click on it. I keep bringing up the last image I had in my post, the one I saved last year of the Purple Air numbers near me. Thanks a lot.