• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Christmas Storm VII

Cold Rain

I'm no Met but if you look on the WV you can see the best lift going off shore. But, wait a minute look at the last few frames and you can see the Low getting ready to go off the coast near FL. GA east coast. Now take a look @ the flow now turning north northwest the last few frames also. I think they are changing their forecast a little too early. We will see? Also there is going to be a lull, or dry slot during this change from Gulf to Atlantic, remember it's source of moisture has been temp. interrupted by crossing land, and it is a delayed effect.

http://www.goes.noaa...LOOPS/ecwv.html

I noticed that also Pilotwx, with the Map provided, plus anoher I looked at...

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a link that shows the frontogenesis (purple circles) that was discussed about in the mesoscale discussions. Looks like this will basically move almost parallel to the coast along the baroclinic zone and this is whenwe could get our heavy snow in the circled area. As that approaches.

Wathching water vapor and radar returns. It appears the storm is starting to get its act together to the south and southwest of my area with increasingly impresssive returns starting to show down in the land of the sandlappers mid state. Ceilings have been dropping all night with only a sprinkle at times.So officially no white Christmas here but I will gladly accept a repeat of the December 26 2004 snow that gave us 6" here in Wilson.

amazing that we got nearly half a foot out of the first portion of this storm!

Definitely is. It's going to be hard to ever top this Christmas weather-wise. If we get in on the second part that would just be too much!

And yeah I'm in Winston-Salem. The Wake Forest part is the university not the city, can be confusing on here I see!

For the Triad people - just watched News 14 Carolina. Monty was live (mentioned it was 12:01 AM) and he stated that there was still a "couple more inches of snow" coming to the Triad area. He seems to think the low coming up the coast will hug close enough to clip us. I guess that's in-line with what is being said here from other sources too.

I'm happy with my 5" here, but I'll take more - especially if it means the people down east get a lot too !!!

Merry Chirstmas to the best Crew ever!!!!! At about 7:30 tonight we went to see Christmas lights it was a drive through type thing and it was raining with big snow flakes and we got some pretty awesome pics of the lights and the snow falling. then it was just rain for the longest and I was like when is it ever gonna start to snow and I promise I went outside and said my prayers and then I asked to please let us all see snow and let the ground get white. And not even 5 min after that the rain had turned to All snow. And that was about 15 min ago. YAY!!!! Im gonna get some rest and wake up around 7 or so and watch the heavy snow. I cant wait to see it in the daylight. We hardly ever get daytime snows where it is heavy so Im really hoping when I get up it will be pouring like buckets.. Good Luck to you All and Thanks to the awesome SE Mets and the very knowledgable SE posters that have tracked this thing for us. I learn so much from you all and Im on this forum so much it really seems like Im close to everyone one here even though we dont even know each other I feel a close bond between all of us I feel like I have some great friends on this board!!! :) Merry Chirstmas to All and to All a Good Night!!!!!!

Sniow Girl!!!:snowman:

Looks like it will make more of a lightening ride up the coast to me.

And your basis for this is....? Care to share your reasonings? Mets and other knowledgeable people on here haven't mentioned this in the past, and have actually said the opposite - that it would move more slowly as it strengthens, if I recall correctly.

Seriously, I'd like to know, if your reason is based on sound meteorologic data and knowledge.

What makes you think that? It's JUST exiting off the coast, the thing isn't flying off the coast to the north by any means.

Yeah if anything the best snows dont arrive in NC till 6-9am at least along and east of RAH/I-95 and man it looks like it is gonna snow its tail off. Going to be places east of I-95 with 10-15" unless something crazy like a dryslot from hell happens.

Dude. If this thing is 1002.9mb off GA as one poster said, then we are in business. If it bombs like it looks it very well may it will crawl up the coast while absolutely obliterating central/eastern sc.nc with HEAVY snow.

Would the areas for this to happen look to be the areas in the pink circle on the graphic posted a few pages back?

Got around an inch for the first band and would love to have some from the coastal.

Archived