12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Christmas Storm VII

Cold Rain

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar is filling in - Central NC. Snow has picked up more here in the Triad - now light snow, some medium-sized flakes mixing now. NWS now says 1-2 more inches for the Triad. Local News 14 says 2-4 more inches by 9am...very surprising. I hope the trees can handle this; they are leaning over a great deal right now !

I think 2-4" is reasonable if we get things going right and get under the deformation band.

Well, I think CAE will be okay. The moisture isn't exactly leaving Lexington yet and well.. it's snowing pretty hard.. and covering my car in like.. 2 minutes. Yeah.. CAE and the coast should definitely be good here soon!

Infact, I wouldn't doubt that pressure to be below 1000mb right now.

Light snow showers here now Shawn. How are things looking over in Lexington? Snow has picked up now, coming down rather hard.

Light snow showers here now Shawn. How are things looking over in Lexington?

Same it seems. This snow is really fine, I'm waiting on that pretty 1300 line to get here. Man, we are RIGHT on the edge of the precip here in Lexington. Not sure how much longer we can keep it. lol

Same it seems. This snow is really fine, I'm waiting on that pretty 1300 line to get here. Man, we are RIGHT on the edge of the precip here in Lexington. Not sure how much longer we can keep it. lol

If that low deepens as it appears to be rather quickly, wouldn't it pivot and start to push the bands back to the NW/W?

Moderate RAIN....

Temps have fallen further from 43.0F, now down to 38.2 in another 30 minutes.....

My current dew is39.0

My temps are crashing... as another 30 minutes passed by; I'm @ 35.2(another 3 degrees lower)

DEW folowing: 36F...

Winds are picking up ALOT! with Moderate rain.

gusts are now at 21.7 MPH

Average 10+ mph from the NNE

Pressure falling quickly also now at 1004.3

spoke too soon superjames might have to up those totals hah, if we can top 10 inches that would be unbelievable.

Well, I'm not sure if I believe the RUC or not, but we'll see. The low does look to be bombing right now, so it should start to pivot soon. It's definitely not out of the question that the snow sticks around that long.

The RUC basically stalls the back edge of the precip for the next 8-10 hours, which is pretty amazing.

Archived