• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2024 OBS/Discussion

1 hour ago, LVblizzard said:

Just had a really gusty shower pass through Allentown. It was almost like a thunderstorm, but without thunder and lightning.

Microburst are often but not always associated with thunderstorms. Interesting weather- I find it very typical March weather for the area.  

6 hours ago, zenmsav6810 said:

Microburst are often but not always associated with thunderstorms. Interesting weather- I find it very typical March weather for the area.  

Yeah, March can be a windy month, and we've had some wind, along with the roller coaster temps.

We saw widespread 20's across the area this morning and temps today will struggle to reach the mid-40's. This is almost 10 degrees below normal levels for late March. Today and Friday will be sunny but a developing noreaster will move up the coast with rain starting by later Friday night and lasting through the day on Saturday. We could see almost 2 inches of rain before ending Saturday night.
County wide records for today: High 88 degrees Phoenixville (1948) / Low 7 above Phoenixville (1965) / Rain 2.52" Nottingham (2019)/ Snow 13.0" Devault (1958)
image.png.1fc1f930504b95153837c4498d4f55f8.png

2 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Starting to see a light coating of pollen on the car. Don't ever recall seeing it this early.

41F

Yep, you nailed it. Looked like rain spots, then I thought further....oh no, not this shit so early which means allergies will kick in soon.

40F at 5pm..

Lows this AM were as cold as 19.3 in Warwick Township this AM - our coldest morning since back on February 25th. Sunny and below normal temps today before the rainstorm moves in tonight through tomorrow. The NWS has a flood watch posted for over 3 inches of rain for much of the area. Sunny and continued chilly by Sunday.
County wide records for today: The earliest 90 degree reading was today in Phoenixville back in 1948 / Low 6 above at both Devault and Phoenixville in 1956 / Rain 5.23" in Chadds Ford in 2000/ Snowfall 7.0" in West Grove in 1964
image.png.946ed890f982a2d960fdc74ce7c09454.png

Just now, Birds~69 said:

45F/Overcast

Pretty pumped about tomorrow...rainy/windy and a overall miserable day. 

My kid has a soccer tournament this weekend in Baltimore - so I'm def not pumped about spending a few hours out in a monsoon.  

4 hours ago, RedSky said:

Weather World long shot is a dry summer

I want to believe it

Drought guy will have a fit.

Appears (cold) rain starts around midnight...hopefully it rinses the pollen and  crap off the car.

41F/Cloudy

1 hour ago, mattinpa said:

I hope so. Personally tired of all the rain and wind.

Lived 5 houses down on 2nd Ave where that fire happened yesterday in Royersford. Probably could have been contained to 1 or 2 homes but winds cranking made it a 6 home destruction...  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Lived 5 houses down on 2nd Ave where that fire happened yesterday in Royersford. Probably could have been contained to 1 or 2 homes but winds cranking made it a 6 home destruction...  

Yeah I know there was a fire weather warning. Really feel bad for those affected. Makes me appreciate what I have.

1 hour ago, mattinpa said:

Yeah I know there was a fire weather warning. Really feel bad for those affected. Makes me appreciate what I have.

No one died/injured but I think some pets perished which is pretty rough for the owners. Not only is your house toast, no where to live but you lost your pet...brutal. 

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Drought guy will have a fit.

Appears (cold) rain starts around midnight...hopefully it rinses the pollen and  crap off the car.

41F/Cloudy

no way in hell will I have a fit. It will take three months of below 1 inch of rain before the groundwater level and stream levels  would even approach drought warning conditions. The local springs are up big time and the base flow of the Little Lehigh Creek  in my backyard is still at bank-full.   I expect flood warnings to be issued for the Trexlertown area  at 1.5 inches of rain as the ground is still saturated tomorrow.  I am more worried about more dead ash trees falling from the gusty winds as the soils are supersaturated.  I expect Spring Creek rd to be closed by tomorrow afternoon too from the flooding.  If a drought were to occur, drought warnings would not be issued until late August at the earliest.  July is usually are heaviest precip month too.  Weather world is in another world

• Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

no way in hell will I have a fit. It will take three months of below 1 inch of rain before the groundwater level and stream levels  would even approach drought warning conditions. The local springs are up big time and the base flow of the Little Lehigh Creek  in my backyard is still at bank-full.   I expect flood warnings to be issued for the Trexlertown area  at 1.5 inches of rain as the ground is still saturated tomorrow.  I am more worried about more dead ash trees falling from the gusty winds as the soils are supersaturated.  I expect Spring Creek rd to be closed by tomorrow afternoon too from the flooding.  If a drought were to occur, drought warnings would not be issued until late August at the earliest.  July is usually are heaviest precip month too.  Weather world is in another world

I was kidding, we've been saturated for some time. And during the Summer all you need is a couple T-storms to rack up several more inches.

As far as tomorrow I'm expecting 2-3" and my lawn is still "mushy"...so I'll expect to see some ponding. Add winds and things may come down...

39F/Cloudy