• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2024 OBS/Discussion

Looks like the worst first week of April weather ever is on it's way. Lots of rain, clouds and could be 7 to 10F below normal.

Glimmer of a chance that the atmospheric crappola moves out and a narrow break in the bad weather happens in time for the eclipse.

Of course the GFS long range wants to reload the ultimate septic tank explosion pattern the second week of April.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Looks like the worst first week of April weather ever is on it's way. Lots of rain, clouds and could be 7 to 10F below normal.

Glimmer of a chance that the atmospheric crappola moves out and a narrow break in the bad weather happens in time for the eclipse.

Of course the GFS long range wants to reload the ultimate septic tank explosion pattern the second week of April.

Don't see below normal temperatures anywhere near here: GJrvIUhaMAAB6x7.thumb.jpg.5269fea83e0cf68ed373fd8215111f0b.jpgGJsQWafXIAAilTq.thumb.jpg.9af8b280d0d9f421979e958adc2b98d5.jpgGJrvIVGbAAACofz.thumb.jpg.ca229af3bbac7edefb591fc398c39be2.jpg

GJrvH00a4AAhgqB.jpg

16 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Your kind of weather! Raining lightly here, up to 0.50" for the day. 46F currently.

I would pay big money to have 40s/50s windy, rainy days til Fall. Hell, throw in T-Storms, TS/hurricanes, tornado and a earthquake wouldn't hurt. 

48F/Overcast

fall22.jpg

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Happy Phillies Opening Day to all who of course should celebrate! Looks sunny but a bit chilly for the opener with gusty winds and temps in the mid 50's in philly and low 50's out here in Chesco. Milder by Sunday with temps well into the 50's in the county and in the lower 60's in philly. Some showers are possible again late tomorrow before a sunny Sunday. Another wet week looks likely starting Sunday night through Wednesday. With temps struggling to escape the 40's for much of the time it is raining.
Records for today: High 88 Phoenixville (1945) / Low 9 above Coatesville (1923) / Rain 1.87" West Chester (2005) / Snow 3.0" Coatesville (1942)
image.png.a240b3a708d9db410da482dc34ae2350.png
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:
Happy Phillies Opening Day to all who of course should celebrate! Looks sunny but a bit chilly for the opener with gusty winds and temps in the mid 50's in philly and low 50's out here in Chesco. Milder by Sunday with temps well into the 50's in the county and in the lower 60's in philly. Some showers are possible again late tomorrow before a sunny Sunday. Another wet week looks likely starting Sunday night through Wednesday. With temps struggling to escape the 40's for much of the time it is raining.
Records for today: High 88 Phoenixville (1945) / Low 9 above Coatesville (1923) / Rain 1.87" West Chester (2005) / Snow 3.0" Coatesville (1942)
image.png.a240b3a708d9db410da482dc34ae2350.png

Early next week looks a little sketchy (chilly/rain) at CBP for the series vs Cincy....which means more DH's somewhere down the road.

46F/Sunny

cincy.jpg

• Like 1

10 of the last 12 days have featured below normal temperatures....today and tomorrow will be close to normal before more below normal weather arrives to begin the month of April.
After some sun today and shower chances this evening it should be a beautiful Easter Day tomorrow before a very rainy week sets in starting Monday till Thursday AM. We could see almost 3 inches of rain across parts of the area.
Records for today: High temp 88 Coatesville (1998) / Low 12 Phoenixville (1921) 1.93" West Chester (2001) / Snow 4.5" West Grove (1942)
image.png.dee5cc5d475f713912eb4960a6157c21.png

A relatively close miss with the pattern for an April 2003 repeat next week.

Long range eclipse viewing forecast is ridging and maybe better than 50/50 shot at good viewing. But with the fast flow active jet little trust from this range.

12 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Ended up with 0.49" of rain in the bucket on Wed. and finished up with 0.10" on Thurs. for a 2-day total of 0.59".

Made it up to 55 for a high yesterday after a 39 low, and touched 60 today after a 38 low.

It has clouded over now as some rain is approaching, and temp is 58 with dp that has crept up to 33.

kdix_20240330_1900_BR_0.41.png

Getting some light rain here, refreshing while raking sweet gum balls, lol.

16 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Getting some light rain here, refreshing while raking sweet gum balls, lol.

Some of it is over me now but getting virga at the moment although the dp is still going up so I guess trying to moisten things up enough to rain.  What might be a heavier band is still to the west.  Down to 57 with dp 35.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Mist/Overcast stuff going on here...really need to mow. Gotta be tomorrow...early next week looks bleak.

57F/Overcast 

Tomorrow sounds great (at the moment)...mowed here yesterday, except where I'm raking today. Looks great, although it could be the 1st time I mowed in March.

13 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Tomorrow sounds great (at the moment)...mowed here yesterday, except where I'm raking today. Looks great, although it could be the 1st time I mowed in March.

I'm locked in tomorrow for mowing.

Hoping for a 10 X 8 sink-hole outside my driveway early next week which would be great.

Phils jump ahead 3-2.....light rain/drizzle going on.   

54.jpg

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

I'm locked in tomorrow for mowing.

Hoping for a 10 X 8 sink-hole outside my driveway early next week which would be great.

Phils jump ahead 3-2.....light rain/drizzle going on.   

54.jpg

Allright, I'll bite. Why a 10x8 sinkhole? What if it was 8x6?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Allright, I'll bite. Why a 10x8 sinkhole? What if it was 8x6?

I'm good with a 8x6 if the Phils get a win and we get mud slide early next week...big mud slide fan! Big fan!

Mowing tomorrow.....Phils better get a win. Good chance of the first BBQ.

45F/Cloudy

• Weenie 1