• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

I made it several years with a plug in electric show thrower.  It actually is great to use up to 6" or so before it's overwhelmed.  The consistently bad part is the end of the drive where the plow piles it.  For larger storms just have to go out multiple times.  My first gas model got messed up because some genius delivered a phone book right before a storm and it embedded itself so well in the snow thrower that I had to hack it out with a reciprocating saw and titanium blade.  Never worked right after that.  Finally got a larger quality gas model several years go, was well worth it.

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Honestly, I would take this year over last year just because of January 6-7 being all about the big dogs.....keep the extra few 3" events from last year-

I feel like this year was worse. Being so close to better events just keeps the torture going. Never did I think this year would  ever be worse. I'm dumbfounded about how bad it's been. It's to the point now that it makes you wonder why even have this as a stupid hobby. Fucking torch it if it's months of 40 and rain. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I feel like this year was worse. Being so close to better events just keeps the torture going. Never did I think this year would  ever be worse. I'm dumbfounded about how bad it's been. It's to the point now that it makes you wonder why even have this as a stupid hobby. Fucking torch it if it's months of 40 and rain. 

This season was absolutely worse, per se....but like I said...that one event makes it superior for me personally. I don't care to trade a big dog for a few extra 2 hour commutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You are full blown GGW. There may be a cool shot late month but there’s no snow or cold in Canada. We saw this same thing modeled all winter. It didn’t doesn’t and won’t happen 

Just posting what the models say. So they are right when they say 70 but wrong when they say cold. That's why people don't give your posts any cred.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

In Steve's defense, there is a window for a late season event. It's not fantasy. I think we all feel the same way about how things have gone, but if you look at it from an unbiased view...it is intriguing. 

Yup. If it still looks like that by say, Tuesday...then I will probably post something.

• Like 1