• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid/Late February will be rocking. (This year we mean it!) February long range discussion.

JenkinsJinkies

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Whether it’s a hit or not I like the changes over the top. It makes a colder solution possible. 

yea this gives us a much better change in the overall scheme even if the storm is suppressed on this run

ec-fast_z500a_us_7.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

168...850 line sinks a bit further south.  surface freezing just NW of DC....precip APPEARS to be going ENE...so may miss us to the SOUTH

storm is moving so slow--we are in danger of having a high pressure slide down into the great lakes lol

Going to need to move that whole ball of confluence a little further north (or south if want some wild phase solution but I have no idea how that would work out). Definitely close to something but as others have said this first threat will be a game of timing. 

500hv.conus.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Dude, we're the Mid Atlantic.  Of course it can/will

im guessing the euro is not showing the final solution. But i never expected this storm to be suppressed of all storms lol

• Like 1

Just now, Kevin Reilly said:

Well we had 994-997 all over the place down in Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and how far north did that get.

Looks like we are getting the blocking just the wrong kind LOL and also with no real cold air to boot.

i am not buying the suppression....if you combine the euro and gfs...you kinda get a snowstorm lol

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ji said:

i am not buying the suppression....if you combine the euro and gfs...you kinda get a snowstorm lol

Totally agree with you.  It i the case of split the difference the take away is cold air intrusion from the Euro and I bet in future cycle runs we get a GFS solution a few times of 8-12" of snow. 

I had a suspicion  I liked the op progression a lot better.  

Yep, it’s the one we want, just gotta keep amping it up. A phase you were going to have issue with temps imo. We could still hypothetically back side phase as long as that N/S piece pushes ahead

I like the setup for V-day a lot. Simple, classic. Just got a shit airmass ahead of it which leads to the need for a needle threading with the northern stream. But if it fails, there’s more chances beyond.

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic