• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Cold Shot: Part Duex - January 18-20th Arctic Blast and Freezing Rain/Snow Event

John1122

Turning out to be a good NW flow event IMBY compared to most. Have pretty good light snow falling. Most NW flow I get a shower or 2 and flurries. I've had pretty consistent light snow for the last hour. My valley location doesn't usually get much from these but this might over perform for me.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Turning out to be a good NW flow event IMBY compared to most. Have pretty good light snow falling. Most NW flow I get a shower or 2 and flurries. I've had pretty consistent light snow for the last hour. My valley location doesn't usually get much from these but this might over perform for me.

Same here. Another half inch to an inch of fluff on top of the overnight inch so far today. 

• Like 3

I see so many people on social media complaining that they are over it. Give them a few years and they will be whining that it NEVER snows here anymore. Me……I’m enjoying the heck out of it!!! As John1122 said, this is like the late 70s / early 80s!! I say bring it on!!

• Like 7

I'm happy for everyone. It was amazing the difference of a few miles in the Chattanooga area. I'm in Ooltewah where we might have received 1/4" of snow. 6 miles to our north started the accumulating snowfall. 2" and then higher totals of 6-10. All the snow was north and east of us 6 miles. Maybe 8 miles away in Harrison near the lake 4" was widespread. We received the warm nose shaft here. Oh so close.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

I'm happy for everyone. It was amazing the difference of a few miles in the Chattanooga area. I'm in Ooltewah where we might have received 1/4" of snow. 6 miles to our north started the accumulating snowfall. 2" and then higher totals of 6-10. All the snow was north and east of us 6 miles. Maybe 8 miles away in Harrison near the lake 4" was widespread. We received the warm nose shaft here. Oh so close.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

My brother in Hixson not far from the high school, got about 3 to 4 inches. Sorry it missed you. 

• Like 2

And still more sub zero to come Sunday morning as well! MRX has me at -4 to -2 for the low! I don’t ever remember two fronts this strong in one week! This is definitely top 1 or 2 all time for me. Wish it was this way every year!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Daniel Boone said:

Had a squall go through about 45 minutes ago that dropped an inch . Total for the day of 3" now. 

The RGEM and GFS kept nudging a 3 inch line really close to me and I may get there myself. The energy for this is still going into central Kentucky. Every end time MRX has forecast today has passed with snow still falling. Originally they'd had a 20 percent chance of overnight snow showers but removed it with the evening forecast. They look like they have at least a little while to go. 

• Like 2

• Mr Bob featured, unfeatured and unpinned this topic