• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Cold Shot: Part Duex - January 18-20th Arctic Blast and Freezing Rain/Snow Event

John1122

• Mr Bob featured, unfeatured and unpinned this topic

welp, tried to drive out to the city to get some supplies (and more importantly eat Mexican food)

Toyota tundra with aggressive offroad tires, locked differential, and stayed in 4lo

yeah, slid off the road immediately lol. thankfully could get the car back to the house. GFS (if it's to be believed) says we still have some snow on rhe ground this weekend (on the plateau)

• Like 3

MRX messed up their event report for this. Officially KCHA got 1.7". MRX's report states that this is the most January snowfall for KCHA since 1996. They seem to have forgotten about the January 2011 snowstorm that brought nearly 8" to KCHA overnight. 1.7" being the largest event in 28 years is really sad. Even for here.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dwagner88 said:

MRX messed up their event report for this. Officially KCHA got 1.7". MRX's report states that this is the most January snowfall for KCHA since 1996. They seem to have forgotten about the January 2011 snowstorm that brought nearly 8" to KCHA overnight. 1.7" being the largest event in 28 years is really sad. Even for here.

Chattanooga also got 5 inches on January 29th-30th 2010.

• Like 2

They corrected it to Jan 2011 but we had 2.5" in Feb 2020 and a major snow event in late February 2015 (at least 5-6" downtown). I have pics! 

Bob are you located in Chattanooga? I’ve never really ever asked.

On 1/27/2024 at 11:15 PM, dwagner88 said:

Did Chattanooga not end up with any snow in the February 12, 2014 system? I know areas just north of there got like 8"

Based on this they got a lot in that storm

nsm_depth_2014021305_Midwest.jpg

Did Chattanooga not end up with any snow in the February 12, 2014 system? I know areas just north of there got like 8"

Based on this they got a lot in that storm
nsm_depth_2014021305_Midwest.jpg

My friend in Cleveland Tn got around 2-3”. Less than that as you go towards Chattanooga

13 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

My friend in Cleveland Tn got around 2-3”. Less than that as you go towards Chattanooga

I got nailed in that one. Over 10" of wet concrete. Even the airport got about 8". Downtown got less due to mixing.

• Like 2

I got nailed in that one. Over 10" of wet concrete. Even the airport got about 8". Downtown got less due to mixing.

Oh crap… bro this is my fault. I thought you were asking about the snow in the thread we are in. I just realized you were asking about a different storm. My bad.