• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Cold Shot: Part Duex - January 18-20th Arctic Blast and Freezing Rain/Snow Event

John1122

Never got above 29 today raining and glazing here. Areas of packed snow on roads is turning into solid clear type ice that you get no traction on. Locally there are vehicles now stuck between hills on a couple roads that got progressively worse over the last 2 hours. Had a nice shower almost moderate in nature that lasted about 15 minutes that seemed to speed the glazing.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

MRX backing out on the snow…

bc7d1563445146463c8e5ec899bb0334.png

Huh? That is so conservative for snow. They cut my totals in half.. Only 1-2" for mby with 20+ hrs of NW flow on the way? Feel pretty confident I'm good for 3-4 with this setup. We will see.

33.8 here DP 30.6. This is the coldest 33 I've ever felt I think haha.

• Like 1

I'm really surprised how persistent my temp has been with how strong WAA has been outside the snow area. Essentially since about 1pm it's stayed 28/29, dewpoint has been very slowly rising though now up to 26. I guess evaporative cooling has had an impact all day here. Wonder if I'll go above freezing later in the night or will dew point stop climbing at some point.

• Mr Bob featured, unfeatured and unpinned this topic