Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

Just now, PowellVolz said:

That stuff west of Nashville has exploded the last hour. There was a 50 mile dry slot south of Nashville but it filled in fast.

Yea seems to just be regenerating and running over the top of us, course, I am not complaining

• Like 4

I’m so glad you are getting in on this, even if it’s 2-4”. My buddy in Cleveland has been asking me all week what’s going to happen. I told him he’s on a line where 2 or 3 miles might be the difference in all or nothing.

We aren't getting it. I'm in southern Hamilton County. Everything that is white is from sleet. We've probably had 80% sleet and 20% snow. All sleet for the last few hours. I'll take a screenshot of my Ring. Everything white is sleet. Here's a picture I just took from Ring. We missed out due to mixing.cf7be53f52ad674cbd9b5183e5fc114a.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

As far as I can tell it should make it. SPC convective statement Powell posted seems hopeful too. 

IMO someone between me and Knoxville is going to ride the line just right and get 10-12”. 

That's what I keep telling friends and family.  Someone is getting a foot out of this! Not sure where exactly, but I think it's possible. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Silas Lang said:

That's what I keep telling friends and family.  Someone is getting a foot out of this! Not sure where exactly, but I think it's possible. 

HRRR and short range models show the moisture to keep funneling up the same locations as snow until system totally departs. Someone is getting a foot if this is true. 

7275c3ce-38b6-4a03-8c65-ab91a0f0f338.gif

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Greyhound said:

Got mine prepped and ready in case I NEED to get out. Still debating if I want to get out and play though……

It's the dumbasses that make it not fun out there, otherwise I'd love to be cruising around in the Subaru.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 1234snow said:

Up to 4” now. 32 degrees.

Running about 3"+ here as well.  Beware, the rain snow line is at John B Dennis.  It moved north along I-26 from Eastern Start to John B in about two hours.  We still have snow here, but hoping maybe we can hold on until temps start going down as the sun drops lower in the sky.

• Like 1

Yeah the wind and flake size increased with this band, friggin awesome.
My flake size has increased too, was a little worried that meant I was getting close to the rain/snow line, but my temp is still frozen at 28/29 all day. Wonder if the SPC update is starting to take effect?
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AMZ8990 said:

You guys should be really good in the east side of the state. It snowed for nearly 24 hours on the west side of the state so you guys are in for a long and steady snowfall.  Sitting at 5 1/2 inches in bolivar 

Except up here in JC where it’s raining.  lol

• Sad 3

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic