Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

1 minute ago, Matthew70 said:

Icon now GFS leaning towards the Euro.

Oh yeah gfs took a monster shift to a whiff. Still ok for Eastern areas but writing is on the wall. Is this the classic case of models losing the storm 4-5 days out and it comes back 3-4 out? Who knows. But I'd not be expecting much for anyone at this point.

Just now, fountainguy97 said:

Oh yeah gfs took a monster shift to a whiff. Still ok for Eastern areas but writing is on the wall. Is this the classic case of models losing the storm 4-5 days out and it comes back 3-4 out? Who knows. But I'd not be expecting much for anyone at this point.

Euro is King & always will be.  This is a no go.  Very Cold & dry. School kids & all of us will hate next week.  Useless cold. 

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Matthew70 said:

Euro is King & always will be.  This is a no go.  Very Cold & dry. School kids & all of us will hate next week.  Useless cold. 

Meanwhile the cmc is even further inland and rain for plateau eastward lol. Not over yet but yeah trends today have been rough.

Meanwhile the cmc is even further inland and rain for plateau eastward lol. Not over yet but yeah trends today have been rough.

Yep… this would be the first system I have ever seen that didn’t trend any with 4-5 days left.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Euro and the Canadian look similar at this point. The solutions are literally all over the map across all modeling. 

That’s why this is such a great hobby.  I’ve experienced both “the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat” within 24 hours of an event.  24 hours worth of modeling is an eternity sometimes.

• Like 2

At this point I would rather take my chances with the moisture a la the CMC. I think the cold air will be legit. The Euro was anemic on moisture, which is my worst fear: cold and dry. 

I can only speak about the last couple of systems but the Euro has been pretty light on QPF in my area. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong though.

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic