• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Winter Storm

Can see where the Euro paints that deform band Sunday on it's 6 hour snowfall (not to be taken literally, just as where the deform band was geographically). Overall, a slight nod to the GFS with snows through Sunday. A very solid run for those NW, especially Berks and the Lehigh Valley

sn10_006h-imp.us_ma.png

We still have plenty of time for this energy to phase in sooner, or later obviously. Nice to see it on both the gfs and euro. If I've learned anything in the past years of tracking its that we won't know the final solution until gametime. Let's snow!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

NAM gonna focus on that 2nd shortwave. Verbatim it's cold for most NW of 95 on the initial thump, a general 3-5". Then we rain and snizzle through the night until Sunday morning. A CCB starts to crank and we pound

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MacChump said:

at this point i'd like to keep the streak alive down here in kamuland...1.1 inches would just piss me off...think we are safe though

Yeah I've been thinking a dusting to sleet to rain for a half inch of slush total, sounds pretty sad putting it that way, doesn't it? But I'd really like enough to cover the grass at least, which would need to be an inch or two. I want that streak over and done, simply because I want snow, lol.

It's the weather, and the potential still seems to be there, so we shall see.

• Like 1

The 2nd vort CCB is starting to become more real, it might end up being the main show if we see the trend continue. Like I said those NW would get a few inches on the first thump. Probably 3-4". Then we wait for the next show to drop 3-5" Sunday morning

268856345_sn10_acc-imp.us_ma(2).thumb.png.15070f084e82c4a24fb6432a6c00b6b6.png

14 minutes ago, Duca892 said:

This.... bares watching and is awesome... why is it today all of the sudden the GFS/EURO/NAM are picking this up? 

Started yesterday, the trailing sw is becoming stronger an catching up to the one on the coast, phasing an bombing out

This reminds me so much of December 2020. Front end thump, then a light mix, then a deform band crashing through. I got 8" in that and I don't think I'll quite get there this time around, but I'm seeing a lot of similarities in the evolution of the storm.

36 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

This reminds me so much of December 2020. Front end thump, then a light mix, then a deform band crashing through. I got 8" in that and I don't think I'll quite get there this time around, but I'm seeing a lot of similarities in the evolution of the storm.

We saw 9.3" from that one in NW Chesco....