• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2024

1 minute ago, BornAgain13 said:

Is it just me or is it every time DT has called for a significant winter storm being likely etc... it hasn't happened. Lol

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

He sees one good model run and says the big one is coming. The next run its gone. I think he is as snow hungry as the rest of us and its driving him nuts. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

27 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Is it just me or is it every time DT has called for a significant winter storm being likely etc... it hasn't happened. Lol

Everybody that has a brain knows that hes a joke.......dude constantly busts over and over

• Like 3

I was hoping we’d get some clarity here at 12z but I had to remind myself that it’s D7. I still think there’s plenty of reason for many to have hope. The signal isn’t as strong but it’s not gone. I refuse to take OPs verbatim at this stage. 

• Like 1

The long awaited (for ~3 weeks) and hoped for major pattern change of mid Feb seems to be more or less on track at the end of the regular ensemble runs now. Here’s the nice split flow at the end of the 12Z GEFS/El Nino says hello:

IMG_9053.thumb.png.e61c6c9903fb96ca81a53ad66bdaf788.png

The extended models have been hinting at Feb 18-19 as the first period for an enhanced chance for a SE Miller A/GOM winter storm. We’ll see.

The end of the regular runs is still too far out to be considered anything close to trustworthy territory but it’s a nice baby step.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, BornAgain13 said:

May just be noise... system for Monday showed decent snows for NC/SC at 0z. The icon did as well... the 0z GEFS bumped up some... probably just noise though.

Things generally trended better last night with the cold air source. It’s not over yet!

• Like 2

End of 6Z GEFS (for Feb 16) is setting up for potential SE wintry mischief (say, for ~Feb 18) with a split flow getting established and similar to what the extended models had been hinting at.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1