• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2024

34 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Back from GA with a combination of pollen and now brine pretreatment all over my car, that’s a first for me. I have to agree with the post earlier, personally I think a fresh snowfall on top of snowpack is just about as good as it gets.

Preach Rob !!!!

• Haha 3

2 1/2" on the previously cleared slate patio and 3" on the board on snow. It stayed cold here right up until the snow wound down but when the blue patches started showing through it jumped 5° real quick. I think that this is as wintry as it's looked around here in a few years. It's kinda nice. I'm at 22.? for the season so not terrible considering we have a good month of potential left but I'm not feeling another ~26" to get to average. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

IF someone like myself has been too lazy to keep track of it = Is there a site that monitors or keeps up to date snow totals for Rockland County ?

I don’t believe there are any but @BxEngine would know for sure. Even if there is one who knows how it compares to where you are. KMGJ is two or so miles away as the crow flies and the differences between there and here are interesting, no snow measurements there though, just looking at temps and rainfall. Legoland is seven miles away and the differences can be eye opening. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

All of these popcorn snow showers and I barely had a few flurries :( I always like when a bit of fresh whiteness is added to my snowbanks after I'm done shoveling. 

In the Poconos there have been almost nonstop snow squalls all day and there was a big pileup.

Funny thing is,  the snow squalls weren't showing up on radar for some reason.

Here on Long Island we had light snow almost all day (up to 3 pm) and that didn't show up well on radar either.

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I don’t believe there are any but @BxEngine would know for sure. Even if there is one who knows how it compares to where you are. KMGJ is two or so miles away as the crow flies and the differences between there and here are interesting, no snow measurements there though, just looking at temps and rainfall. Legoland is seven miles away and the differences can be eye opening. 

As far as i know we have nothing in rockland. Can go through the pns reports and add them up LOL. There is something in the works, we have a bunch of new weather stations on firehouses and sanitation garages throughout rockland and some will be monitored in real time so we’ll see.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Rob

6 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

As far as i know we have nothing in rockland. Can go through the pns reports and add them up LOL. There is something in the works, we have a bunch of new weather stations on firehouses and sanitation garages throughout rockland and some will be monitored in real time so we’ll see.

Thanks Bx

13 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning everyone. I find the NW & NE enjoyable and miss it when it goes quiet. Stay well, as always ….

Good morning Rich, I hope all is well my friend. Not much to report here, down to 4" at the snow stake but plenty of bare spots now. Low was only 23 this morning, up to 40 now. The previous two mornings lows were 13 and 12 with highs in the upper 30s. As for seasonal snowfall I'm at exactly 29.5", which is just slightly below normal now. When compared to the NWS seasonal average I am only .5" below normal as of today, when compared to my running totals, which go back to 2005, I am now 2.5" below normal. Three of the last four years have really done a number on my seasonal snowfall average, and it doesn't look like this year is going to help it any unless we get something big in mid-March. Not holding my breath though.

• Like 2

Backyard still 100% covered but front yard torched out with the sun this week. It's been cold at night but not really. 20" for the year which is 3" behind last year's total and about the same as the total the year before if I remember right. A far cry from the previous 48+"/yr average. I think for a while up to the early 2000s my total was in the low 40s but it bumped up nicely. Now... :fever:

• Like 1

Good morning Rich, I hope all is well my friend. Not much to report here, down to 4" at the snow stake but plenty of bare spots now. Low was only 23 this morning, up to 40 now. The previous two mornings lows were 13 and 12 with highs in the upper 30s. As for seasonal snowfall I'm at exactly 29.5", which is just slightly below normal now. When compared to the NWS seasonal average I am only .5" below normal as of today, when compared to my running totals, which go back to 2005, I am now 2.5" below normal. Three of the last four years have really done a number on my seasonal snowfall average, and it doesn't look like this year is going to help it any unless we get something big in mid-March. Not holding my breath though.

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Backyard still 100% covered but front yard torched out with the sun this week. It's been cold at night but not really. 20" for the year which is 3" behind last year's total and about the same as the total the year before if I remember right. A far cry from the previous 48+"/yr average. I think for a while up to the early 2000s my total was in the low 40s but it bumped up nicely. Now... :fever:

Thank you Rob, gravity. The postage stamps frozen beauty is gone. Now only the dull lifeless brown of fallen oak leaves remain in view. I did find a small promise of the Spring to come. Stay well, as always …..

IMG_7197.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rclab said:

Thank you Rob, gravity. The postage stamps frozen beauty is gone. Now only the dull lifeless brown of fallen oak leaves remain in view. I did find a small promise of the Spring to come. Stay well, as always …..

IMG_7197.jpeg

Your words reminded me of this song sung by Billy Joel-- bold part:

We walked on the beach beside that old hotel
They're tearing it down now, but it's just as well
I haven't shown you everything a man can do
So stay with me baby, I've got plans for you
This is the time to remember
'Cause it will not last forever
These are the days to hold on to
'Cause we won't, although we'll want to
This is the time
But time is gonna change
You've given me the best of you
And now I need the rest of you
Did you know that before you came into my life
Some kind of miracle that I survived?
Some day we will both look back and have to laugh
We lived through a lifetime and the aftermath
'Cause we won't although we want to
This is the time
But time is gonna change
I know we've got to move somehow
But I don't want to lose you now
Sometimes it's so easy to let a day slip on by
Without even seeing each other at all
But this is the time you'll turn back and so will I
And those will be the days you can never recall
And so we embrace again behind the dunes
This beach is so cold on winter afternoons
About holding you close is like holding the summer sun
I'm warm from the memory of days to come
'Cause we won't although we'll want to
This is the time
But time is gonna change
But now I need the rest of you
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Your words reminded me of this song sung by Billy Joel-- bold part:

We walked on the beach beside that old hotel
They're tearing it down now, but it's just as well
I haven't shown you everything a man can do
So stay with me baby, I've got plans for you
'Cause we won't, although we'll want to
This is the time
But time is gonna change
And now I need the rest of you
Did you know that before you came into my life
Some kind of miracle that I survived?
Some day we will both look back and have to laugh
We lived through a lifetime and the aftermath
'Cause we won't although we want to
This is the time
But time is gonna change
I know we've got to move somehow
But I don't want to lose you now
Sometimes it's so easy to let a day slip on by
Without even seeing each other at all
But this is the time you'll turn back and so will I
And those will be the days you can never recall
And so we embrace again behind the dunes
This beach is so cold on winter afternoons
About holding you close is like holding the summer sun
I'm warm from the memory of days to come
'Cause we won't although we'll want to
This is the time
But time is gonna change
But now I need the rest of you

…. And though a cold wind may yet steal my breath …. The soul that is me will forever remain yours. ( sung quietly to Mother Nature by a lonely old man walking slowly around his postage stamp. ) stay well Liberty, as always …..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I have the opposite, the back yard has bare spots, front yard still covered, as of this morning anyway. Here's a snapshot of my stats, you can see what I meant by three out of the last four seasons

1792592345_Capture2_22_24.JPG.18d68363e855fe20385175a56cc7db6a.JPG

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

I have the opposite, the back yard has bare spots, front yard still covered, as of this morning anyway. Here's a snapshot of my stats, you can see what I meant by three out of the last four seasons

it's wild how bad 2015-16 was up your way, we had over 40" (and two moderate events besides the historic blizzard.)

funny thing is I did a quick count of +/- and unless my count is wrong you have 9 seasons above normal and 9 seasons below normal (I didn't take into account the amount of deviation though.)

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

I didn't realize you got shafted that bad in 2016. That year really stands out 

• Like 1