• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2024

59 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

High of 52 at 2:18am, down to 42 now, after .5” of snow to start yesterday wound up with a 1.95” liquid total. Impressed I still have snow cover, although thin under the trees now, 4” at the stake. Will be monitoring the Wallkill in Middletown. 

That snow at the start messed up the tipper, 2.22" in the Status for the total. 

Good morning everyone. As per NOAA/NWS, CPK had 15 hours of measurable precipitation, total 1.95”. 1.47” occurred during a 6 hour period between 18:51 and 00:51. Lowest barometric pressure, 982.1/29.03 reported at 04:51. Highest wind/gust, E15/G30 reported 19:51. On a lighter note …. After reading Will’s response to Walt in the January thread ….. we may have to sink that buoy. Stay well all, as always. ….

IMG_7049.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, snywx said:

So the kids have a 2 hr delay from some rain in january lol.. Gotta love it. Snowpack is still quite healthy here

Temp 41°

I've received well over 20 texts now from 511/NYSDOT for various road closures due to flooding and/or debris, most are cleared now, but the delays have to be tied to that although I agree it does seem to be a bit overly cautious.   

35 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I've received well over 20 texts now from 511/NYSDOT for various road closures due to flooding and/or debris, most are cleared now, but the delays have to be tied to that although I agree it does seem to be a bit overly cautious.   

Interesting.. I was just on the road and everything seemed to be operating as normal. Only thing I can think of is teachers who live in effected areas may be having trouble coming in 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, snywx said:

Interesting.. I was just on the road and everything seemed to be operating as normal. Only thing I can think of is teachers who live in effected areas may be having trouble coming in 

Yeah I think all of them are cleared now, I see the Thruway southbound from Newburgh to Harriman is open again.  Just quickly scrolling through the text messages: 208, 302, Route 6, 284, 9W, 17 all had issues overnight into early this morning. Below is the gage near the hospital in Middletown, its about a foot below what it reached right before Christmas, which was the highest in a while there. Not sure it that will be topped later today or not: 

1538080496_Wallkill1-10-24.JPG.fec13720d65b38769ccd48152c466be6.JPG https://waterdata.usgs.gov/monitoring-location/01370520/#parameterCode=00065&period=P30D&showMedian=false

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

FWIW, the HRRR did a decent job IMO, at least in my neck of the woods, with the winds.  It consistently showed that the windier part of the storm would be this afternoon around here.

My strongest winds were after the storm as well

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Folks focused on the potential for storms, understandably so, but don't be surprised by some potential snow squalls Sunday morning/early afternoon as the cold air moves in. 

Walt went into the details on this squall threat tomorrow in the January thread this morning for anyone interested. Had stronger gusts here this morning than all of earlier in the week, at least part of the reason for that is due to the lost inversion with the snow now gone around here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Walt went into the details on this squall threat tomorrow in the January thread this morning for anyone interested. Had stronger gusts here this morning than all of earlier in the week, at least part of the reason for that is due to the lost inversion with the snow now gone around here. 

We escaped unscathed this time. I love the differences in how the storms acted over such small distances because of things like the previous snow and such. What makes this hobby so interesting even when we arent getting the snow we want lol

40 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

We escaped unscathed this time. I love the differences in how the storms acted over such small distances because of things like the previous snow and such. What makes this hobby so interesting even when we arent getting the snow we want lol

As much as this pains me to admit, I agree with you. The winds weren't terrible but a little higher and more steady than then other night. We've said it before, there are people on here that find weather interesting, like it's microclimates and "fake cold" for example and there are others here that just like blizzards. 

This wasn't about how much, I got .75, it was simply about more water. The wind was more significant than a few days ago and the rain came down in sheets for 2 hours straight. My foundation really needs a few weeks to dry out, the water is just seeping through in a few spots now so the shop vac (and my ears) are getting a workout. At least if the surface freezes up next week the ground will get a chance to drain which is good but that means my driveway will become useless if I don't sand it every few hours.

I need to move... 

• Like 1