• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

6 minutes ago, Volcanic Winter said:

Happy some runs are able to get good snows down to me, I'm still not letting myself expect anything but it at least appears to be a possibility.

Really happy overall that this seems to be happening for the forum / region in general. It's very needed, I think. :snowing:

The most important players in this setup are the HP in southeast Canada and the 50/50 IMO - the HP has to be at least 1030 and stay anchored and not weaken

• Like 3

1 hour ago, donsutherland1 said:

Even as there remains considerable uncertainty, it is unlikely that Allentown will see 12"-18" of snow. The potential exists for 6"-12" if things come together.

Select Data:

1/2 0z NBE: 6.2" (the 2z increased the snowfall to 9.0")

1/1 12z EPS Members: 12" or more: 20%; 18" or more: 2%

WPC Probabilistic Winter Storm Severity Index for Major Impact: < 5% (around 20% for a moderate impact)

image.thumb.png.84c30010a39fce70e82178b007ba8456.png

image.png.5d0acaed132fc3b17b87f5427d78e1ee.png

Oh please! It is not 1996.

With regards to the micro analysis of the HP to the north. The earlier maps (yesterday and the day before) showed it better locked in place. However please note. This is still marginally cold enough air and its penetration south at all levels is highly questionable. It's going to have to be nearly perfect for this to come together as a primarily snow event for coastal sections and I think we might be on the verge of losing that possibility. On the CMC it's gone. On the GFS it's almost gone.

WX/PT

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

With regards to the micro analysis of the HP to the north. The earlier maps (yesterday and the day before) showed it better locked in place. However please note. This is still marginally cold enough air and its penetration south at all levels is highly questionable. It's going to have to be nearly perfect for this to come together as a primarily snow event for coastal sections and I think we might be on the verge of losing that possibility.

WX/PT

lets wait for the NAM run on Wed evening. The potential for accumulating snow is there  for sure but WSW criteria will be hard to achieve even in Allentown. We first want to get a better picture for the exact transfer location (sweetspot) nd HP energy in Quebec. The we can talk how much.  48 hours from now will tell us everything on the NAM

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic