Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday, December 17 - Monday, December 18, 2023 Storm

weatherwiz

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Probably a little stronger. 

If we get more rain here than a week ago…that’s gonna have some flooding implications.   Last week had zero wind here…let’s see what this brings with regard to wind. 

And regarding Phil’s map…he has 50-60 mph winds here…that’s Isaias type winds here, I’m not buying that right now. The big rain for CT I do buy, but not those big winds…..?  Maybe this will be the very rare time the winds do roar.

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

If we get more rain here than a week ago…that’s gonna have some flooding implications.   Last week had zero wind here…let’s see what this brings with regard to wind. 

And regarding Phil’s map…he has 50-60 mph winds here…that’s Isaias type winds here, I’m not buying that right now. The big rain for CT I do buy, but not those big winds…..?  Maybe this will be the very rare time the winds do roar.

Probably 40-50 there and most of CT I think. I honestly haven’t looked hard there…..maybe Ryan knows.

But rain looks like an issue where you are to Ginxy. Strong LLJ converging with the land will bring some high totals just inland from the coast. 

12 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

And I think rain will be less than last week, more in the 3” range with a little more wind than we saw last week.

17 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

The storm winds never seem to verify around here.  Maybe 1 out of 10 times.  What is forecast much better around me are the NW winds on the backside of a departing low.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

With the HRV track the heaviest totals should be W CT to Berks and west . That’s usually how it works with that track . C and E CT seem more like 2” or so 

In general yeah, but strong LLJ and that second low will probably have a max a little east too.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

With the HRV track the heaviest totals should be W CT to Berks and west . That’s usually how it works with that track . C and E CT seem more like 2” or so 

2” of rain looks like an easy feat here…those 4-5” totals are definitely eye opening if they pan out for us WOR peeps. 

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

HRRR is pretty interesting in the 15z-18z time frame, especially southwest towards NYC/NJ. Could see some strong-to-severe thunderstorms if any convection can develop.

Yeah if it gets to be that we have breaks in overcast, that’s gonna help mix stuff down. Could see that.