Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

11 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Well, I'm comfortable going out seven days through next Sunday and saying that I think we'll knock a good 2-3 degrees off during that timeframe.  In fact, I'll say we're sitting at a monthly mean temp of 46.6 by next Monday morning, which is 2.3 below the current average of 48.9.  After that, it gets a little tricky, as we could see a bit of a warm-up during the last seven days of the month.  Plus, the period just looks generally more unsettled.  But if I must, I'll say that the last seven days adds an additional 1.2 degrees and brings us to a final monthly mean temp of 47.8, which would put us alone in 6th place all-time.  Book it.

This...is exactly what I was looking for. I have this typed and saved to my weather file. Dated 3/31/2024. Signed and authorized by MJS, weather accountant. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

It's 44 here already. 

I was thinking MDT would be 42-43 now and top out 45-46.  The CAA is still pressing in from what I can see.   Maybe they top out a degree or two over.   Either that or the concrete jungle is getting harder and harder to forecast for. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was thinking MDT would be 42-43 now and top out 45-46.  The CAA is still pressing in from what I can see.   Maybe they top out a degree or two over.   Either that or the concrete jungle is getting harder and harder to forecast for. 

The weather station down the road from work can't be in a more rural location around here, and it's reading 45 right now. MDT is in the chill zone! 

4 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Am I tiring you, old man? Lol

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Bahahahaha, oh it wasn't you I was referring to, friend.  It was that other squirrely fella who likes to obsess over all the weather to your north and west.  Never before has Jefferson County gotten so much attention haha. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The weather station down the road from work can't be in a more rural location around here, and it's reading 45 right now. MDT is in the chill zone! 

We have seen several times where the heat island extends well outside the actual cities themselves.    Not sure of the actual cause but it keeps happening.  Here is Wunderground and it shows most of the temps that are high are near major roadways, not 100% but a lot of them...maybe that has some influence too.   Being within a few miles of one of the Interstates.     Wild guess.    Lot's of low 40's in Lanco.  

image.thumb.png.680855bc9849faff9dd865e1b41ada85.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never before has Jefferson County gotten so much attention haha. 

That's saying something considering there is a motion picture of critical acclaim dedicated to the goings-on of that colossal dump of a county.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

GFS Kuch Snow for Friday night into Saturday.    Still on an island compared to EC and Canadian as neither brings the coastal far enough north due to keeping the streams separate....EC does have some snow from the NS system in the Northern 1/5 of PA.   GFS has teens for many Sun Am but nowhere near the record of 13 set in 1896.   Still a long shot but after yesterdays runs, surprised to have something even slightly legit to track. 

image.png.832e69871c9c84420460f289769b84c1.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

MU tripling down on this cool shot being short lived:

A deep trough, or dip in the #jetstream, over the eastern U.S. will promote cool weather through the weekend, but temps should still only avg. around 5°F below normal. Oh, and this isn't going to last. By next week, a pattern reversal will support a flip back to above-avg. temps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

High of 38 here today.  Down to 35 now.    I think MDT came in at 47 which was 1 over where I thought they might get.  

My Son's baseball practice tonight Is going to be brutal.

The kids better barrel it up. It's going to sting like crazy if they don't square it up.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

My Son's baseball practice tonight Is going to be brutal.

The kids better barrel it up. It's going to sting like crazy if they don't square it up.

It feels like true winter out again.  The wind, clouds and snow showers (possible even here) will keep the temps from going too low tonight.  The real cold comes this weekend as modeled. 

As @Bubbler86 mentioned earlier, Friday night into Saturday am is getting more interesting with the chance of snow for most of us to start according to the GFS.

Central & northern CTP do well with snow this run, while the LSV has minor accumulation this run.

Let’s see what the trends are the next few days & see what model support the GFS gets or not.

Here is the 18z GFS.

IMG_5959.png

IMG_5960.png

IMG_5963.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 32. Lots of reports of light snow or flurries through York and Adams Counties. 

It actually just started snowing here.    This is the 6th time it has snowed this March.  I am too busy to check but we may end up with more snow days in March than Feb though Feb accums will probably win out.   A lot of PA covered in snow this Am.

image.thumb.png.6f85b966038a02739fb7f960a09485cc.png

• Like 2