• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

I don't buy that for a minute. When was the last time the entire NA continent, save for about ten miles from the circle in both directions, was BN?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

We are so overdue

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

47 with thick fog and .15” of additional rainfall, bringing event-total to a pedestrian .29”. 
You have a better chance of rain then we do over here today. Stuck between two stationary fronts

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

You have a better chance of rain then we do over here today. Stuck between two stationary fronts

We had no fog here until it moved in from Camp David.  Now misty and chilly.  Dropped to 43.  Someone going to open the Spring thread soon? 

We had no fog here until it moved inf rom Camp David.  Now misty and chilly.  Dropped to 43.  Someone going to open the Spring thread soon? 
That's how we get a freezing wet spring

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Who do I blame for this Saturday being rainy and in the 30's and low 40's during the day.   Spring Fling fail as it will be one of our colder daytime (9AM-3PMish) highs in the new year if the models are right.    Either snow or be nice on weekends. 

Rain is the one thing that can keep forecast highs from busting too low. Both CTP and the local forecasts have me getting into the low 50s on Saturday. Many days colder than that this year. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. I'm inclined to take the under on the 50s. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Rain is the one thing that can keep forecast highs from busting too low. Both CTP and the local forecasts have me getting into the low 50s on Saturday. Many days colder than that this year. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. I'm inclined to take the under on the 50s. 

Those temps on the models/their forecast are evening/nighttime highs.  Temps during the day 38-43ish with steady rain.  A nightmare IMO.   More than half of the days this past winter were warmer than that for nooners. 

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Those temps on the models/their forecast are evening/nighttime highs.  Temps during the day 38-43ish with steady rain.  A nightmare IMO.   More than half of the days this past winter were warmer than that for nooners. 

You're not kidding - between January and February combined (58 days) there were only 18 days with highs below 40. And only 3 of them out of 29 days in February. There were quite a few (5-10 roughly) between 40 and 45...but if it stayed in the upper 30s on Saturday, it would only be the 4th time since January. 

That info is from MU's Climatology page. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You're not kidding - between January and February combined (58 days) there were only 18 days with highs below 40. And only 3 of them out of 29 days in February. There were quite a few (5-10 roughly) between 40 and 45...but if it stayed in the upper 30s on Saturday, it would only be the 4th time since January. 

I would be surprised if it stayed in the upper 30's in the LSV but our western posters have a shot.   Models do show it warming up in the evening though so record keeping will not show it if it happens for mid day temps. 

• Like 1

I would be surprised if it stayed in the upper 30's in the LSV but our western posters have a shot.   Models do show it warming up in the evening though so record keeping will not show it if it happens for mid day temps. 
I would love to have a record of the 3 hr average temperature from 6-9am and 3-6pm for each day

• Like 1

This Change Healthcare "hack" has been tremendously disruptive, and I am surprised we are not hearing more about it.  Several medical centers I know in this area are running out of money due to not being paid.  Systems have been down for 2 weeks now. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/05/health/cyberattack-healthcare-cash.html

https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/changehealthcarecyberresponse

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

12Z Rgem says 50 for 7PM Sat, Name says 39. 

• Thanks 1

We can't even do rain right now:
Tuesday: .50 - 1.00" forecast- .24" actually fell.
Today: .50 - 1.00" forecast- 0.00" so far. 
Today's fail has been pretty epic. Going to put up a crooked number over the next couple of hours but it's not going to be much.
We got your rain up here today. Today sucked.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We can't even do rain right now:

Tuesday: .50 - 1.00" forecast- .24" actually fell.

Today: .50 - 1.00" forecast- 0.00" so far. 

Today's fail has been pretty epic. Going to put up a crooked number over the next couple of hours but it's not going to be much.

It never broke 50 here today.  A raw one despite not much precip.  45 degrees. 

• Like 1