joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This is making me very, very happy…

IMG_5152.jpeg

He sure did an about face from his position as recently as yesterday, if not this morning. Just goes to show you, in the end, may as well look at the models yourself for the forecast.

He is a great Met & knows his stuff.
I'm trying to think of, but can't, another storm where it moved north or south 80 mi inside of 36 hours of start time all within a 12 hour model period in the last decade.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

He is a great Met & knows his stuff.

I'm not questioning his abilities, but that mets are slaves to the models. He changed his mind and forecast due to the change in modeling. Since all have access to the modeling, we can all come up with a reasonable forecast for our backyards, and some beyond our backyards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

I'm trying to think of, but can't, another storm where it moved north or south 80 mi inside of 36 hours of start time all within a 12 hour model period in the last decade.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

March of 2014 had 3 storms that were modeled to hit Northern PA 2 days out, then bullseyed us the day before, then ended up hitting MD & DC while we whiffed on game day.

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

March of 2014 had 3 storms that were modeled to hit Northern PA 2 days out, then bullseyed us the day before, then ended up hitting MD & DC while we whiffed on game day.

Yep, and I  never thought we'd have another storm like any of them.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

He sure did an about face from his position as recently as yesterday, if not this morning. Just goes to show you, in the end, may as well look at the models yourself for the forecast.

He didn't comment for a couple of days until this morning.

Remains to be seen about his "winter is over" call for early March but the current trends seem to be moving towards his thoughts. Even PSU Hoffman acknowledged this evening that he's getting discouraged.

6 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Just checked for me...23z gives me 1.22" and 0z gives me 1.12".

>>EDIT:  I see you were referring to snowfall.  Yes, I dropped from 5" to 3".  (Kuch)   Eeek.

If rates aren’t as heavy it’ll eat fast at accumulation. We need heavy snow to get anything to stick. 

• Like 1