• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

A cloudy but mild weekend with today being the warmest day for quite a while - in fact while today will soar well into the 50's we may very well not see a 50 degree or warmer day until we get to March. There is a slight chance of showers today but the main storm on the horizon arrives on Monday night. We should see rain possibly changing to wet snow from NW to SE toward Tuesday morning.
Records for today: High 62 (1960) / Low 13 below (1899) / Precipitation 2.28" (2010) / Snow 22.8" (2010) - this was day 2 of our 6th largest snowstorm in County history with the 26.8" of snow that fell.
image.png.c67e9ab2fbe304df54477c111fcd59c4.png

34 minutes ago, canderson said:

I stand with my assumption this is an elevation event and anyone in any valley or not on a ridge gets no accumulation   

I honestly wasn't giving this event any attention whatsoever until Thursday evening. I'm intrigued but not invested. I agree with you but it’s close enough to maintain my curiosity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I honestly wasn't giving this event any attention whatsoever until Thursday evening. I'm intrigued but not invested. I agree with you but it’s close enough to maintain my curiosity.

You summed up my position perfectly. I’m not expecting anything noteworthy (perhaps an inch or two if we get lucky) but still keeping a loose eye on the modeling in case things start to break more favorably as we get inside of 48 hours. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

I’d pay cold hard cash for the Ukie solution. Could it be right this time…PLEASE

These models feel like trying to have a chess game on a ship in the middle of a hurricane. Pieces just keep on moving around all over the place.

• Haha 1