• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

We will end our cloudy January today. I will post the East Nantmeal Twp. and combined All Chester County climate data tomorrow. However, we will end the month with a much colder January then last year with most stations across the county averaging 6 to 8 degrees colder than 2023 (of course last year was the warmest Jan on record!). We will finish January about 1" below average snowfall for the month... but it will be our 3rd snowiest January in the last 10 years and 4th wettest on record. Dry weather for much of the next week with tomorrow being our warmest day with temps well into the 40's.
Records for today: High 65 (1916) / Low minus 4.8 (2019) / Precipitation 1.25" (1914) / Snow 4.3" (2021)
image.png.b7d8fb41fa61b58bb407d1b5a0e552dc.png
  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1

It used to be November was the cloudiest month.
The strangest thing about our mini drought this summer is just how cloudy it was during it. I never saw so many cloudy, heck even light misting, days without any kind of substantial rainfall.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A low of just 35 here after a high of 38 yesterday. Foggy this morning as well. 

Low of 34 but didn't encounter any fog on my way to the train station.  Nice boring stretch of weather ahead.  Presque Isle, ME coming in with the national low of -20.  High was 83 at Glamis, CA.  Carry on.

• Like 1

Low of 34 but didn't encounter any fog on my way to the train station.  Nice boring stretch of weather ahead.  Presque Isle, ME coming in with the national low of -20.  High was 83 at Glamis, CA.  Carry on.
Top 5 boring stretch of the year. I still have nothing on my 10 day that hints of rain or snow. Going to end up with 2 weeks of bone dry weather.

4 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Top 5 boring stretch of the year. I still have nothing on my 10 day that hints of rain or snow. Going to end up with 2 weeks of bone dry weather.

That's fine by me.  My yard really needed to dry out.  Now, as for late February into early March, let's get rockin'.

I am a very happy fan of the team that my avatar represents this morning. This has been a long time coming. When I was growing up in the 1970s, every MLB team wanted to be like Baltimore..."The Orioles Way" was what it was referred to. The franchise that was run right and played the game right. That started fading in the 1980s...

Baltimore, and it's baseball fans have deserved so much better for years, and today marks a new beginning with new hope a whole lot to look forward to with the talent that has been assembled. I wasn't sure I'd be around to say that I'm proud of my team again. 

• Like 4

I am a very happy fan of the team that my avatar represents this morning. This has been a long time coming. When I was growing up in the 1970s, every MLB team wanted to be like Baltimore..."The Orioles Way" was what it was referred to. The franchise that was run right and played the game right. That started fading in the 1980s...
Baltimore, and it's baseball fans have deserved so much better for years, and today marks a new beginning with new hope a whole lot to look forward to with the talent that has been assembled. I wasn't sure I'd be around to say that I'm proud of my team again. 
Do we know the two who made the purchase? I'd be awful hesitant of any pride until I knew the fiber of the new head.

It could be a Rooney type whom everybody admires.

It could be a tight ass like Nutting whom everybody seems to hate.

Or it could be Dan Snyder.

I was surprised to see the Birds sell. Makes sense, gorgeous ballpark, rich tradition, team with the most upside in baseball currently and probably the largest open championship window (aside from the Dodgers and Braves), all of which make the price tag a nice amount. Have a shock losing season due to injuries or MLB screwing with the baseball and that valuation goes down a mil or two.

Now just have to win a playoff game.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Just now, Atomixwx said:

Do we know the two who made the purchase? I'd be awful hesitant of any pride until I knew the fiber of the new head.

It could be a Rooney type whom everybody admires.

It could be a tight ass like Nutting whom everybody seems to hate.

Or it could be Dan Snyder.

I was surprised to see the Birds sell. Makes sense, gorgeous ballpark, rich tradition, team with the most upside in baseball currently and probably the largest open championship window (aside from the Dodgers and Braves), all of which make the price tag a nice amount. Have a shock losing season due to injuries or MLB screwing with the baseball and that valuation goes down a mil or two.

Now just have to win a playoff game.

I can only go by what I've read...I realize it's a risky proposition to make a statement like I did until there's evidence confirming it. I guess maybe I'm being naïve but I feel like this HAS to be a good move. Hey...Cal's a minority owner. :) 

It does sound like the wallet will be wide open. There is going to be no fear of spending which the Angelos family did NOT want to do. 

• Like 1

LR 12Z GFS also looking interesting as we head toward V-Day.   Trough coming out of Voyager land and headed toward the southeast.   An eventual Gorilla in the Gulf forms.  
This is going to send everybody to the counter to turn dollar bills into poker chips for the "All-in" moment.

• Like 1

12Z GFS has another bowling ball rainstorm turned snowstorm, like it did yesterday...different time frame though.    Some very large-scale synoptic changes on each run right now so just for entertainment.
image.thumb.png.b65dedae4657c6f51f796b0dda7021d1.png

image.thumb.png.f6c5ffc8b5b3c39acbe0b87beb675871.png

Can you imagine the pounding that depicts with the snow and wind. We would finally have blizzard conditions that verify and I would be outside for the worst of it till I couldn't feel anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Can you imagine the pounding that depicts with the snow and wind. We would finally have blizzard conditions that verify and I would be outside for the worst of it till I couldn't feel anything.

It would be a very wet snow as depicted.  Paste bomb!   Temps are 33-37.  

Imagine it just raining, people not taking it seriously, then.....2 hours later, 6" of white pasted everywhere, 40mph winds causing power/tree havoc, and traffic Armageddon.

It's been a while since we've had that type of storm.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

Imagine it just raining, people not taking it seriously, then.....2 hours later, 6" of white pasted everywhere, 40mph winds causing power/tree havoc, and traffic Armageddon.

It's been a while since we've had that type of storm.

At least one GFS per week tries to please!