• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

The fog...wow. It is definitely under the dense fog category. Visibility is way down and still dropping. Official temp is 48.8
We have not had a prime Cold air damning ice storm I swear in a decade. I remember during the 2000's it happened multiple times a year in that pattern. When we finally break through and have a legit ice storm I know some young ones are going to learn the lesson put on display today with how well our valleys hold cold air. The result will be a forcast to go above freezing by 3pm while at midnight we still sit at 30 with 2-3x the ice called for.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

High here today, 1 hour from Harrisburg, was 73.  Substantial difference from you.... impressive really at 25 degrees over 70-80 miles! 

high in middletown was about 52 but it didnt reach that till about 2pm. all day was in the mid 40s. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mitchnick said:

Geps finally kicks the trough out of the SW and builds a +PNA & -EPO. Temps in the east are at or below normal headed down. This fits perfectly with all extended ensembles.  Next step is the the Atlantic trough to continue migrating north into the 50/50 position thereby causing the -NAO to get firmly established. 

500h_anom-mean.na.png

12z EPS & 12z GEFS in the day 10 to 15 also are in agreement with the ridging  shifting to central Canada & Alaska. The trough is undercutting and connecting the SW trough with the Atlantic trough.

We should begin to have our chances if this look continues to hold.

IMG_4729.png

IMG_4728.png

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sometimes I wonder if Brooklynwx99 is Blizzard of 93's red tag account.

Lol, no red tag here, but I love his posts.

Brooklyn really knows his stuff & I’ve been learning more about pattern recognition & development from him.

He has been having great post after great post today in the Mid Atlantic thread. It’s good to see PSU Hoffman fired up about the February potential as well.

• Like 2