• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

In Carlisle, at 3:26pm there are just some flurries going on.  During the past 2 1/2 hours I've picked up a whopping 0.2" to bring the storm total to 2.8".  I melted down the snow and got 0.21" of liquid.  This produces an SLR of 13.3 : 1.  My temp peaked at 29.8 degrees and has fallen back down to 28.6 degrees.  That's it for me.  Off to DC for the weekend to visit my son.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looks like MDT is going with 2" for now...if their snow depth listing is correct.   

From latest CTP AFD

The upper trough axis (which may be slightly cut-off) will be
overhead tonight and swing to our east on Sat. The cold air
being brought in on the northwest flow will generate plenty of
lake effect and upslope snow showers. While the cross-Erie fetch
may be short Sat, there will be a pronounced Huron connection to
help bands survive deeper into the CWA. Several of the HREF
members bring at least one such long-lived band as far south as
Schuylkill and Lebanon counties Sat aftn. We`ve seen these
some of these over the years, but they are rare. Have allowed
for at least schc PoPs there in the aftn when instability will
be maximized and fetch most-favorable.

Wait they saying they only got 2 inchs

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

They have 4" listed on their snow depth but it was 2" before the snow started.   They may be rounding some, but I do not think they are suggesting they got 4".  

A few others from the mdt are said they had 4. Visiting dad it looked at most 3 but across the river way less so 4 wouldn't be a stretch 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

They have 4" listed on their snow depth but it was 2" before the snow started.   They may be rounding some, but I do not think they are suggesting they got 4".  

We dldn't get much snow. I think the city itself is going to report 1.75". I thought I had 2.5" but that was a wind sweep and my neighbor's wooden board has 1.9". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ruin said:

A few others from the mdt are said they had 4. Visiting dad it looked at most 3 but across the river way less so 4 wouldn't be a stretch 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

We dldn't get much snow. I think the city itself is going to report 1.75". I thought I had 2.5" but that was a wind sweep and my neighbor's wooden board has 1.9". 

If MDT had 4" new that would be the opposite of the usual complaint for them.    They also only had .15 of qpf. 

20 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

In Carlisle, at 3:26pm there are just some flurries going on.  During the past 2 1/2 hours I've picked up a whopping 0.2" to bring the storm total to 2.8".  I melted down the snow and got 0.21" of liquid.  This produces an SLR of 13.3 : 1.  My temp peaked at 29.8 degrees and has fallen back down to 28.6 degrees.  That's it for me.  Off to DC for the weekend to visit my son.

Enjoy time w/ your son.  Safe travels.

13:1 sounds rather reasonable for the whole event total.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Asphalt and concrete surfaces turning white again.

Was just going to add that it’s snowing nicely (albeit rather fine). All shoveled plowed etc has turned white here as well. Enjoy every flake. Might be a bit till we see more falling. 

Lt snow has continued non-stop and has slowly but surely accumulated to just under 4". I'll call it 4" because I'm not measuring again and snow continues.

Wind is starting to blow snows off trees and roofs. Looks like real winter again before fall returns next week. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ruin said:

im going to guess this is just on surfaces that were all rdy snow covered for the 4.1? cause going to my dads I think the most he had in Middletown was 2.5 that was on the back porch table thats metal. Hardly any thing laid on the sidewalks roads here 

I measure off of 2 snowboards that are cleared off every 6 hours 

• Like 1