Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Indeed it is.  The type of ramp-up you love to see on the Mesos inside of 24 hours.

And it happens plenty.  This is just a good reminder that as I semi jokingly called it model watching before bed last night, it is easy to sometimes get lost in the trees while looking for the forest...if ya know what I mean.

Not for a second was I thumping my chest....just sitting back and watching things evolve without getttin too whacked out between 1-3 vs 2-4".  Something is gonna happen and that has not changed for days.  Models are doing what they often do...thats all I'm sayin.  None of us here are good enough to fret about the details (except red taggers).

Its been fun to watch evolve and let the chips fall where they may.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

From JB this morning: The clipper could still bomb out near the coast Friday night, but it looks like a large area of 20:1 ratio snows from the northern Plains to the M-Atlantic. It is going to be followed by the coldest weather of the winter for the East, but not the Plains, as they will start to warm

20:1  sheesh.  That MIGHT be a tad much me thinks...but if so, thats what ya call snow bomb

5 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

From JB this morning: The clipper could still bomb out near the coast Friday night, but it looks like a large area of 20:1 ratio snows from the northern Plains to the M-Atlantic. It is going to be followed by the coldest weather of the winter for the East, but not the Plains, as they will start to warm

THE HRR which was the crowd pleasure so far is maybe 12 or 13-1.  .4" qpf and under 5" of snow for Harrisburg.   Too warm for 20-1 IMO. 

image.png.03e73fd88e00766de4d6e1d6adbe6c80.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

We are getting Named for sure.

It really is a nice run and nice to see dryslot worries diminish as coastal takes over.  Just a nice clean handoff of sorts. Prob helps that its a 1006mb SLP and not 980's as that would dryslot the hell outta us me thinks.

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I wish I  hadn't wrenched my back on Monday shoveling snow.:oldman:

I'll bring the snowmobile straight down rt 30 with shovel bungie corded to back seat.  I'll take care of ya old man. 

Hope you feel better soon. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Yeah, radar and surface maps suggested more. Still, 3-4" around us.

Yep, it is strange but the deep blues were suggestive of more.....about 1" less than the HRRR where the HRRR showed higher areas in the LSV.  Snow all the way down to shortpump.   Generally, 2-4" for most of S Central PA. 

21 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

JB and DT both are in the 4-6, 4-8" side of us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

read this morning, weather concerns again for the KC/Bills game this weekend 

Was thinking about that the other day.  Being that its a sunday game and flow is outta NW, Buffalo proper would just be diggin out, and not snowin

gfs_z500_vort_eus_16.png

• Like 1