• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Heaviest stuff has stopped. Cor/Coefficient radar shows sleet has breached the PA line. Starting to "hear" the snow on my windows.. .you know what that means!

The heavy stuff eas from a warm air surge that has obviously warmed me. We'll see how long until I  switch to non-accumulating mix. Should be soon unfortunately. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Heaviest stuff has stopped. Cor/Coefficient radar shows sleet has breached the PA line. Starting to "hear" the snow on my windows.. .you know what that means!

The heavy stuff eas from a warm air surge that has obviously warmed me. We'll see how long until I  switch to non-accumulating mix. Should be soon unfortunately. 

That is surprising that 

1)  You have sleet and not rain

2) This 850 map....it is below freezing at 700 as well.  You can see the 925's trying to push up through 2/3 of PA that is advection not temps.)

]\]\image.thumb.png.e9d2fdd81a9cc9f1f812528bfbbee795.png

image.thumb.png.cdf3291b6edae868f8279bec7366e226.png

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is surprising that 

1)  You have sleet and not rain

2) This 850 map....it is below freezing at 700 as well.  You can see the 925's trying to push up through 2/3 of PA. 

]\]\image.thumb.png.e9d2fdd81a9cc9f1f812528bfbbee795.png

image.thumb.png.cdf3291b6edae868f8279bec7366e226.png

Warm air pushing north apparently rose high enough over the cold layer to gove me enough room for precip to refreeze before landing. Next step is rain, of course.

I suspected this would happen since Westminster was a bust and the rain ob out of Waynesboro. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Warm air pushing north apparently rose high enough over the cold layer to gove me enough room for precip to refreeze before landing. Next step is rain, of course.

I suspected this would happen since Westminster was a bust and the rain ob out of Waynesboro. 

I think it does change for almost all of us at some point as the HRRR has mix to Scranton now.    Just not this early. 

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

31 / sleet

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

My changeover scenario did not work out too well.  I truly thought people would lose 850 and 925 along with above and sleet would be limited.  Maybe it will not be that much. 

28/26 with a N to NE wind here still.   

• Like 1

Just now, Wxdavis5784 said:

Yeah, I could tell it was coming. The flakes got pretty big and I told the kids we better get out there quick. We were out there maybe 10 min before the first pingers started to mix. 

Maybe we change back with heavy returns...nahhh.

• Haha 1