Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

That'll change come the New Year. Ensembles are sweet and every MJO forecast is outstanding, except the Australian BOMM, which should be bombed it's so bad. It had a Niño peak >+3C!!!

Agreed - I mostly posted that in response to @Bubbler86 post last week about the lack of early season skiing locally. Last week, Roundtop looked like it might have been a good night's snowmaking away from opening but they're almost back to square one now. 

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Agreed - I mostly posted that in response to @Bubbler86 post last week about the lack of early season skiing locally. Last week, Roundtop looked like it might have been a good night's snowmaking away from opening but they're almost back to square one now. 

Despite the cold this week, I am guessing they are indeed out into January at this point. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Despite the cold this week, I am guessing they are indeed out into January at this point. 

Maybe...though, if they can get a good run of snowmaking nights they might be able to open up limited terrain between Christmas and New Year's. 

The heavy rain/high temp combo called them this weekend. 

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Maybe...though, if they can get a good run of snowmaking nights they might be able to open up limited terrain between Christmas and New Year's. 

The heavy rain/high temp combo called them this weekend. 

That is my worry (rain) and the GFS/CMC showing more of the same next week.    The GFS does end it as snow. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is my worry (rain) and the GFS/CMC showing more of the same next week.    The GFS does end it as snow. 

I'm beginning to think that it's not going to be cold and snowy until I return to PA. The same thing happened from 96-01 when I was out here. Snow was quite scarce back there during those years. I came back and all hell broke loose in 02-03.

• Like 2

There has been consensus for several days among the 3 major global ensembles…
The pattern is changing…
Buckle up….
IMG_3654.thumb.png.4b4b0e547335706d4bd58fbd2f83ce48.png
IMG_3655.thumb.png.204030c002a87813e4a1fb12b7c1b655.png
IMG_3656.thumb.png.f914099ab88a03385abd4f55d18d1281.png
At the risk of sounding like the trolls, you have been saying this for three years now.

Your endless optimism that ends in nothing annoys me just as much as their trolldom. And I want you to be right.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

At the risk of sounding like the trolls, you have been saying this for three years now.

Your endless optimism that ends in nothing annoys me just as much as their trolldom. And I want you to be right.

Lol, it’s not just me that’s optimistic at this time.

Many good posters in the forums on here & several pro Forecasters are very much looking forward to the Winter potential of this pattern.

Even some of the Debs are beginning to believe in the pattern change.

Lol, it’s not just me that’s optimistic at this time.
Many good posters in the forums on here & several pro Forecasters are very much looking forward to the Winter potential of this pattern.
Even some of the Debs are beginning to believe in the pattern change.

And I've heard/read that for three years as well.

Until something of note happens, I give you as much credence as I do TheClimateTraveler.

In other news, the ground has caved.