• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2023 Obs

yotaman

With an average first freeze date of Oct 30th one would think this morning's low at GSO of 27 is not particularly unusual. However every degree becomes more difficult to attain this time of year. The average first date at or below 27 is Nov 13 and we have not reached this threshold this early since 1976

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GaWx said:

Crestview, a perennial cold spot in N FL, had a low of 27, which ties with 1993 the coldest low for the date on record and misses just by one day for coldest so early in the season as 1993 also had a 27 on Nov 1st.

Wow. That beats nearly every coastal city on the East Coast, including Boston for lowest temp so far this fall. It ties the YTD coldest low at Portland ME, set this morning also.

• Thanks 1

Got down to 22.6 IMBY this AM. So not only first freeze of season, but super hard freeze. Earliest I've ever witnessed below 25, including when I lived in LI NY.. And only 3 days after having a high of 85.. And is the 3rd coldest temperature of 2023. Which was 22.1 and 22.5 respectively. Crazy stuff indeed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

these really warm days are really out of place. although, i do really enjoy an 82 degree November day rather than an 82 degree day in June. That high sun angle in June, you really can't stay in the sun for a long time, whereas, today, you can pretty much stay in the sun all day without getting burned. 

Low 45

High 82

Not sure if this is right but end of next week looks like we are way above normal again

image.thumb.png.c899363a7e12441a39c10d28aafd1edb.png

• Like 1