• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023-2024 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

The Alchemist

Some of us will go from 70s today to highs in the 40s. NWS says temps dropping tomorrow to 44 degrees by 5 pm. On and off showers through the weekend as well. Hopefully most van get a bit of rainfall. 
They have me dropping to the low to mid 30's with snow tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sw NC weather said:

Received some much needed rain this morning. Don’t know exact amount since my gauge is down at the moment but I’d bet a good 1/4” fell last night and this morning.

Yeah that second batch overnight and this morning was very beneficial.  I'm looking at close to three quarters of an inch which is a dang win at this point.  We got a lot more than what the weather models were showing. 

• Like 2

Pattern change looking more likely as the weekend ends and the long Thanksgiving Holidays begin. Snow for Thanksgiving and beyond? It surely looks like a possibility. 
608891678_610temp.new(13).thumb.gif.f3c4cf250d7f693827b603b193ebd222.gif
Yeah the gfs has been a little excited about the nwf next week. I believe I even saw the cmc picking it up as well.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, westmc9th said:

When was the last year with a lot of NWFS events or the last "big" NWFS event? Might just be recency bias but curious to see if others feel like the number of northwest flow events have been lacking compared to the 2000s/early 2010s.

Oh they didn't have been lacking for sure. We haven't had the cold fronts or the moisture recently to really have a big event or a bunch of small events.