• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Well, if my ice cream tastes poorly, now I know why. 

People stop me all the time and ask me about flavors - half the time, I don't even know the answer. I am onsite more than just about any other admin/office staff and try and get on the floor as much as possible. I even work very non-traditional HR hours. (I worked nights last week) Still, I have a hard time keeping up with everything. 

• Like 1

I took a "tour" on googlemaps and have already watched a few videos. (all part of my work day, of course) Even got a nice look at that parking area and the road leading back to the lot and beach.
Might have to take a detour next September. My wife and I are committed to going to a Bills home game next year before they close down the current stadium. We want to experience the Bills Mafia. I'm still trying to convince her to do a swan dive into a folding table. 
That stadium is in the middle of absolute nowhere. I drove past Orchard Park up 219 on a trip to the falls two years ago. On the Friday we went through, you could never know there was an NFL stadium anywhere within a hundred miles.

We left the falls and headed home just as the Bills were stomping a mud hole in the Washington Football Team's ass and walking it dry. We went through the same part of 219 just after the game ended. Even with event parking enforcement, you still could barely tell anything was going on.

Detoured into Hamburg looking for food because New York must have a law where they done have highway guide signs telling you where food may live, and Hamburg is a gorgeous town. That entire area is incredible.

Until you get past Ellicottville and it's a total shit hole all the way until Ridgway.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Northern PA is beautiful, but holy Christ, that drive up 219 to Buffalo, from Ridgway to Ellicottville is one of the most depressing drives. It's one broken down, dilapidated settlement and one horse town after another. The poor folks were left behind by progress and across the NY line, they were left behind by the white devil, but goddamn. You make that drive on a cloudy day and you may want to stop and blow the brains out of the back of your head.

18 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

That stadium is in the middle of absolute nowhere. I drove past Orchard Park up 219 on a trip to the falls two years ago. On the Friday we went through, you could never know there was an NFL stadium anywhere within a hundred miles.

We left the falls and headed home just as the Bills were stomping a mud hole in the Washington Football Team's ass and walking it dry. We went through the same part of 219 just after the game ended. Even with event parking enforcement, you still could barely tell anything was going on.

Detoured into Hamburg looking for food because New York must have a law where they done have highway guide signs telling you where food may live, and Hamburg is a gorgeous town. That entire area is incredible.

Until you get past Ellicottville and it's a total shit hole all the way until Ridgway.

Yes sir, I have studied that entire area for years planning this trip. Everything you said is true, the other interesting thing is that the stadium itself sits so far below street level that it looks like a high school field from the outside. The only visible parts of the stadium from Abbott Road are the upper decks along each sideline. The whole setup is so unique/bizarre for a professional sports franchise and that's exactly the appeal to me. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes sir, I have studied that entire area for years planning this trip. Everything you said is true, the other interesting thing is that the stadium itself sits so far below street level that it looks like a high school field from the outside. The only visible parts of the stadium from Abbott Road are the upper decks along each sideline. The whole setup is so unique/bizarre for a professional sports franchise and that's exactly the appeal to me. 

Half of Buffalo's game day attendance each week parks in a private residence's front yard. It's crazy. 

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Random stat: In this, the 141st year of Phillies baseball, tonight is the first game 7 that they have ever played. 

That is super strange and I would have guessed it to not be true (believe you, saying if I was asked whether it was true).  They are the antithesis of the Washington Capitals. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is super strange and I would have guessed it to not be true (believe you, saying if I was asked whether it was true).  There are the antithesis of the Washington Capitals. 

MLB specific, the home team has a losing percentage in game 7, and the losing percentage is even greater if the road team won game 6. 

Likely means nothing for tonight, that's just the history of game 7s. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MLB specific, the home team has a losing percentage in game 7, and the losing percentage is even greater if the road team won game 6. 

Likely means nothing for tonight, that's just the history of game 7s. 

One thing about comparing sports, there are a lot more playoff series in the NHL and NBA, so I have to take that into consideration when thinking about it.  Still an amazing stat.  FYI...Caps are tied with one other team at 17 Game 7's in their existence.  The Broad Way Bullies. 

• Like 1

For the Philly fans here. I copied it from Facebook, but it's actually pretty clever...lol

Our Father, who art in Philly, baseball be thy name. Though Diamondbacks come, your will be done, and let us win game 7. Give us this day our triple play, and forgive us our errors, as we forgive those who jeer against us. Lead us not into elimination, but deliver us from Diamondbacks . For Harper, Turner, and Schwarber are the power, the glory, for Philly......forever.

AMEN

Pat Principe says PSU lost because of coaches, O-Line and WR's.  QB?   A-OK
Allar sucks but are you going to deny he doesn't have a sieve in front of him and wideouts who arent D1 level?

He could have had Allen Robinson out there but with no time to plant his feet and throw, he's not Trace McSorley, he's not going to run and heave a pass up there hoping Our Lady of Crazy Ass Plays is watching down on him, he ain't gonna hit anything.

Still, he stinks and I don't like him.

12 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Allar sucks but are you going to deny he doesn't have a sieve in front of him and wideouts who arent D1 level?

He could have had Allen Robinson out there but with no time to plant his feet and throw, he's not Trace McSorley, he's not going to run and heave a pass up there hoping Our Lady of Crazy Ass Plays is watching down on him, he ain't gonna hit anything.

Still, he stinks and I don't like him.

It is possible what I saw was all WR's running bad routes but still seemed like a lot of passes were not catchable even if thrown toward the receiver. 

Tell Arizona that. 
Unfortunately, I think just about everyone in red felt the same way.

Almost a carbon copy of last year.. tear through the wild card round, knock off the braves behind great pitching and red-hot bats.. look unbeatable at home.. then just can’t sustain it and go ice cold when it matters most… Harper, Turner, castellanos brutally cold to end the series. Baseball is a funny game.

19 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

Almost a carbon copy of last year.. tear through the wild card round, knock off the braves behind great pitching and red-hot bats.. look unbeatable at home.. then just can’t sustain it and go ice cold when it matters most… Harper, Turner, castellanos brutally cold to end the series. Baseball is a funny game.

Well said.

Super frustrating to lose to this 84 win team.

It would be a little easier to stomach if they lost to a 100 win team like the Dodgers or Braves.