• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Finished with .09" of rain. Much more towards Lancaster.

Good news Phillies fans! Kimbrel shouldn't be available tonight. :)

We are!

They talked about his stats last night on TV. As good as he is/was, his career Chase Field numbers suck. For some reason he can't seem to get the job done out here in Phoenix.

7 minutes ago, Voyager said:

They talked about his stats last night on TV. As good as he is/was, his career Chase Field numbers suck. For some reason he can't seem to get the job done out here in Phoenix.

Regardless of numbers, there isn't a Phillies fan around that feels good when he comes in, even if it's in Rotary Park.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Kimbrel took a year off my life in 2018.

Career postseason ERA (with Boston) 

Koji 0.57
Foulke 0.82
Papelbon 1.00
Kimbrel 5.14

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

That one final drive saved that from being one of the worst halves of offensive football I have ever seen.   The QB was off target a lot. 

Factual statement. 

I was so pissed I had to go for a drive and have a conversation. I had a captive audience (me) and processed the futility as best I could.

• Like 4

Welp, I’m at a loss. Just tired of watching the same script every year against these guys. Defense plays its ass off and the offense is completely inept. This staff has never been able to scheme a passing game. Ever. Throw in a subpar WR room and QB with accuracy issues and that’s what you get. Ugly. The frustrating part is that this is the smallest the talent gap has been in a long time between these teams. Difference is they have a guy like Marvin Harrison and we don’t. Well, that and we have an inferior coach. I don’t enjoy saying that but it’s beyond debate at this point. When he doesn’t have the talent advantage he gets exposed, without fail. Just an embarrassingly bad game plan and display of play calling. Pathetic. I don’t want to hear about moral victories. And don’t get me started on the 14 point swing from the fumble return TD brought back. Sorry for the rant. Had to hit the bottle ha. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Welp, I’m at a loss. Just tired of watching the same script every year against these guys. Defense plays its ass off and the offense is completely inept. This staff has never been able to scheme a passing game. Ever. Throw in a subpar WR room and QB with accuracy issues and that’s what you get. Ugly. The frustrating part is that this is the smallest the talent gap has been in a long time between these teams. Difference is they have a guy like Marvin Harrison and we don’t. Well, that and we have an inferior coach. I don’t enjoy saying that but it’s beyond debate at this point. When he doesn’t have the talent advantage he gets exposed, without fail. Just an embarrassingly bad game plan and display of play calling. Pathetic. I don’t want to hear about moral victories. And don’t get me started on the 14 point swing from the fumble return TD brought back. Sorry for the rant. Had to hit the bottle ha. 

You said it better (and nicer) than what I can. 

Can we buy out a contract with 9 years left on it?

• Like 2

You said it better (and nicer) than what I can. 
Can we buy out a contract with 9 years left on it?
You hope USC shitcans they coach and he decides to take his used car salesman shtick to LA. Dude sucks. Problem is, who do you get that's better? Penn State isn't going to go outside the program again after this fails. Manny Diaz has failed as a HC. So what's that leave you with? Coach Lavar? Bring in a warm body and hope someone like Paul Pusluszny decides to give it a shot?

"Not the guy" has won a Rose Bowl, a Fiesta Bowl, a Cotton Bowl, and a conference championship. State ain't getting anybody who can make that jump.

*Coach Prime has entered the chat*

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

You hope USC shitcans they coach and he decides to take his used car salesman shtick to LA. Dude sucks. Problem is, who do you get that's better? Penn State isn't going to go outside the program again after this fails. Manny Diaz has failed as a HC. So what's that leave you with? Coach Lavar? Bring in a warm body and hope someone like Paul Pusluszny decides to give it a shot?

"Not the guy" has won a Rose Bowl, a Fiesta Bowl, a Cotton Bowl, and a conference championship. State ain't getting anybody who can make that jump.

*Coach Prime has entered the chat*

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Fair question. 

Look - James is a great recruiter. Maybe one of the best ever in State College. He repeatedly gets outcoached in marquee matchups and it's frustrating. You have to be better than what he put out there today. Have to.

I don't know the answer but someone better is out there.

• Like 1

Well below normal temps today with a chilly wind but a gradual warmup which may lead to near 70 degree readings by the end of this week. Could be a bit of patchy frost in the lower spots of the county by Tuesday morning. Looks likely we see a sharp turn to colder in time for Halloween.
Records for today: High 84 (1979) / Low 22 (1940) / Rain 2.12" (1956)
image.png.9a8854cb30514fc3cb6835980618c3a9.png
  • Like 1