• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the times that scenario occurred in my lifetime.
Rain all weekend, then clearing at sunset on Sunday, then a glorious, cloud free Monday.
I used to help my buddy do pig roasts for weddings on Saturdays because wedding money has always been insanely stupid good. The amount of fall days I've worked outside with that kind of weather is hilarious

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I used to help my buddy do pig roasts for weddings on Saturdays because wedding money has always been insanely stupid good. The amount of fall days I've worked outside with that kind of weather is hilarious

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I believe it.

Today looks to be our last near normal temperature day before a stretch of well below normal temps and plenty of rain looking likely this weekend. I would not be surprised if some higher spots in the county struggle to get out of the 40's on Saturday. Who will turn their heat on?
Records for today: High 86 (1962) / Low 27 (1962) / Rain 2.96" (1904)
image.png.19a2a33b517cf563cc7edb29a4a975a8.png
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Shout out to the Eastern CONUS with a rare victory, as Davis, WV came in with the national low of 19.  Also, the high was under 100, that being Rio Grande Village, TX at 98.  #WinterIsComing

Americanwx has, I believe a member who posts in the MA thread that lives in Davis. Just a little fun fact to go with your daily dose of data! 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

wow. if i wasn't going to the Bears home opener, i'd be making a trip up

Got a suite ticket thanks to Penn State Health you can visit me in suite 17. Although the Phils might be playing so I will toggle back and forth to the hockey game and watching the Phils on TV. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

Got a suite ticket thanks to Penn State Health you can visit me in suite 17. Although the Phils might be playing so I will toggle back and forth to the hockey game and watching the Phils on TV. 

I'm not even sure where my seat is :blink: my daughter got the ticket for me. I'm not driving, so you can find me in a beer line

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Mount Joy Snowman - speaking of numbers...tickets can be had for $13 for Saturday's showdown with UMass. (on the official PSU website) 

Can we get the asking price under $10 by Saturday? 

Good thing I sold mine months ago for $60 a piece tehe.  I don't think Mr. Franklin is gonna get that 110k he so badly craves haha.

21 hours ago, mitchnick said:

It's in a little low spot right on rt. 30. The aircraft fly right over 30 and low. Helicopters take off a couple hundred feet from the road. It's always been a cold spot. I  remember when I  lived 2 miles north of BWI how incredibly colder it was than BWI on clear, cold nights. I'm now only about 12 or 13 miles away from it as the crow flies and have only been lower a handfull of times in the last 4 years.

You know, the THV site has always fascinated me.  Outside of being a relatively low spot with some minor ridges around that make it conducive to cold air inversions, I think the main driver may be the large quarry and rocky terrain that exists adjacent to it.  This lack of vegetation would make for a more arid airmass and allow temps to drop more at night than surrounding locales.  This is the same phenomenon witnessed at the Barrens, which is just a few miles outside of State College but believed to be one of, if not THE, coldest micro-climates in the entire state.  THV is obviously a much scaled-down version of that but I think that it may be a similar explanation.  Food for thought.  Anyway, those who want to read about the Barrens can do so here, a fascinating place indeed.....

https://climate.met.psu.edu/features/barrens/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Good thing I sold mine months ago for $60 a piece tehe.  I don't think Mr. Franklin is gonna get that 110k he so badly craves haha.

For numbers geeks like us...this is actually kind of a big deal when it comes to bragging rights. PSU is actually running a little ahead of Michigan for 2023 average home attendance. I don't know the last time that Michigan did not lead the country in that category, but we had a chance to upend them this year. This week is going to knock us back behind them.

https://basicbluesnation.com/penn-state-football-leads-the-country-in-home-game-attendance/#:~:text=It started strong against West,in Beaver Stadium history 110%2C830.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We made it to 70s in Maytown. Barely, but a legit 70. (70.3) 

MDT holding tight at 70 as well.  Just south of there is where the temps have really jumped a bit.    We are up to 73 here.  AC is getting a workout.  LOL.   Some mid 70's near the M/D line.  78 at Delta but that is probably a bad reading.   The low off the SE coast saved us from making a run for the 80's with the MJS 570 line getting up here. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT holding tight at 70 as well.  Just south of there is where the temps have really jumped a bit.    We are up to 73 here.  AC is getting a workout.  LOL.   Some mid 70's near the M/D line.  78 at Delta but that is probably a bad reading.   The low off the SE coast saved us from making a run for the 80's with the MJS 570 line getting up here. 

You've been spot on all week with your 70s temp prediction. For that, I simply say:

haha, atta-boy, Bubbler. 

• Haha 1