• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

7 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’ll take my chances with a moderate El Niño this Winter!

A moderate El Nino is all but a guarantee this winter for sure. The thing is not all El Ninos and La Ninas are created equally. So I'm curious how this one will be for us. I'm just very nervous about a lot of the stuff I'm currently seeing. I did talk about how I think we might be leaving that period of some of the biggest snowstorms we've ever seen in such a short period of time which would suck for a lot of us if that ends up happening. Not that it won't keep happening but the frequency might be shortening. Obviously I don't want to be pessimistic but I'm just trying to be realistic lol the main reason I ever joined easternwx and this site was specifically due to huge snowstorms.

Seriously not a fan of this heat right now. I took my AC out because I didn't think it'd get this hot again lmao especially since the part of the house I have my computer heats up like a mfer in the afternoon due to the sun angle. Also doesn't help how much heat my PC outputs since it's a gaming pc I built. It's actually crazy how much heat that adds to the room it's in. Does make it nice in the winter though

27 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Seriously not a fan of this heat right now. I took my AC out because I didn't think it'd get this hot again lmao especially since the part of the house I have my computer heats up like a mfer in the afternoon due to the sun angle. Also doesn't help how much heat my PC outputs since it's a gaming pc I built. It's actually crazy how much heat that adds to the room it's in. Does make it nice in the winter though

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

All 3 global ops are a little more comfortable mid and late next week now with just 70's for highs.    Step in the right direction. 

I think you and maybe me see highs in the upper 50's; areas to my north and west too. Even my NWS forecast for Sunday & Monday have highs of 59 and 57. After that, all 3 ensembles look to me to be under 70 all next week. Those are 5 day periods on those maps.

gfs-ens_T2maMean_eus_4.png

eps_T2maMean_eus_4.png

gem-ens_T2maMean_eus_4.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I think you and maybe me see highs in the upper 50's; areas to my north and west too. Even my NWS forecast for Sunday & Monday have highs of 59 and 57. After that, all 3 ensembles look to me to be under 70 all next week. Those are 5 day periods on those maps.

gfs-ens_T2maMean_eus_4.png

eps_T2maMean_eus_4.png

gem-ens_T2maMean_eus_4.png

Yea, I bet we do see highs in the 50's this weekend.  I will have to forgo shorts.    I cannot come to use the ensembles for temp tracking.  Low positions, ok....but all 3 Op's are in the 70's 2-3 days next week.  One of them is actually in the 70's Tue.    Take last week at this time the GFS showing a near 90 day this week...today may be that day for the hotter locales (CXY recorded 86 yesterday.)

24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I bet we do see highs in the 50's this weekend.  I will have to forgo shorts.    I cannot come to use the ensembles for temp tracking.  Low positions, ok....but all 3 Op's are in the 70's 2-3 days next week.  One of them is actually in the 70's Tue.    Take last week at this time the GFS showing a near 90 day this week...today may be that day for the hotter locales (CXY recorded 86 yesterday.)

I'm betting the ensembles are closer to reality, but time will tell. Ensembles have been looking like that for a few days, which makes me think they're closer to right than wrong. As for the operationals, I don't even consider the Gfs for surface temps. But it's not that bad otherwise. 

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

could go from AC, to throwing a couple logs on the fire to take off the chill

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I'm betting the ensembles are closer to reality, but time will tell. Ensembles have been looking like that for a few days, which makes me think they're closer to right than wrong. As for the operationals, I don't even consider the Gfs for surface temps. But it's not that bad otherwise. 

The GFS did pretty good with this week (last week)...assuming today goes as predicted by the meso's now. But yea it is often exaggerated way too much to the hot or cold.   The normal high for next Wednesday is 68 so if it goes to 70 or above, it's not the end of the world.   

18 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

full sun 79. Feels warmer then 79. 

79 here as well - hasn't gotten above 80 here over the past 4 days which has been a pleasant surprise. I imagine I'll tack on a couple of degrees this afternoon and reach 81-82 or so. 

But you're right, just stepped outside after an all-morning meeting and it feels like the mid 80s to me. 

• Like 1

Had off today and did some mulching. Can definitely tell I'm still not well. 30 minutes of mulching made me feel like a train hit me. Maybe its compounded due to sun and heat not being good to mix with steroids, but it shocked me. Anyways, Sunday looks like a wonderful day. Taking my daughter with my brother, his wife, and my parents to the Renaissance Fair. It's been about 15 years since I went. Anyone here have any suggestions for what to see, eat, drink while there?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Had off today and did some mulching. Can definitely tell I'm still not well. 30 minutes of mulching made me feel like a train hit me. Maybe its compounded due to sun and heat not being good to mix with steroids, but it shocked me. Anyways, Sunday looks like a wonderful day. Taking my daughter with my brother, his wife, and my parents to the Renaissance Fair. It's been about 15 years since I went. Anyone here have any suggestions for what to see, eat, drink while there?

Unfortunately it's becoming really strange and full of undesirables.  I actually wouldn't take a child these days. It's not what it once was.

7 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Never been there so no help but want to say get well soon. My wife was sick back at the end of August and it took weeks for her to get her strength back...every time she'd exert herself she could tell that she wasn't right yet. 

Take it easy...

• Like 1

Never been there so no help but want to say get well soon. My wife was sick back at the end of August and it took weeks for her to get her strength back...every time she'd exert herself she could tell that she wasn't right yet. 
Take it easy...
Haha, I feel like old man. Just finished digging up a rose bush. Took a cold shower and now laying down with multiple fans so I can regain enough to take her bike riding when she gets home in an hour.

5 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Haha, I feel like old man. Just finished digging up a rose bush. Took a cold shower and now laying down with multiple fans so I can regain enough to take her bike riding when she gets home in an hour.

Damn dude. Hope you feel like your old self soon. 

• Like 1

Not sure if dreary will be the word but this weekend looks up your alley!   Hope you feel better. 
I do have a love of cold, wind driven rainy days in fall and spring, a long with June east wind drizzle and highs in the 60's. Sucks that Juneau Alaska is so damn expensive to live.

• Like 1