Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2023 OBS/Discussion Thread

Rtd208

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Dover radar moving up, Philly will see this first.

Dark hazy skies here...looks like a storm could pop up at any minute.

Down to 68F/ DP dropped to 63F, wow.

68.jpg

dov.jpg

Somebody put a pan of jiffy pop on the stove out west and it's starting to pop.  Berks and Lehigh Counties have really been cashing in with this pattern.  Will have to see if our Reading folks get any...

kdix_20230909_2202_BR_0.51.png

4 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I miss the Montgomeryville Mart so bad....sure, there were "shaddy" spots but it was cool. A complete dive bar in the back....worse than Neshamity Inn. Leaks/buckets everywhere...

68F/DP 64F

mm.jpg

Just left Fleck's to haha, the siren song of the Qmart is calling you

21 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Somebody put a pan of jiffy pop on the stove out west and it's starting to pop.  Berks and Lehigh Counties have really been cashing in with this pattern.  Will have to see if our Reading folks get any...

kdix_20230909_2202_BR_0.51.png

Hopefully it shifts SE during the winter. Missing out on rain not horrible but snow? Meh...

Looks like it could downpour at any minute (popup)

Damn, refreshed AccuWeather...down to 65F/DP 61F...wow 

aw611.jpg

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

Just left Fleck's to haha, the siren song of the Qmart is calling you

Now, it's on my list!

I know 2 guys from my childhood...1 in QTown, 1 in Allentown...sounds like Fleck's/QMart may be a meeting place!

I've been to QMart....there's another big mart when I lived in the Limerick area that I visited...can't remember the name? Maybe it closed?  Schwenksville area? Forget...

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Now, it's on my list!

I know 2 guys from my childhood...1 in QTown, 1 in Allentown...sounds like Fleck's/QMart may be a meeting place!

I've been to QMart....there's another big mart when I lived in the Limerick area that I visited...can't remember the name? Maybe it closed?  Schwenksville area? Forget...

Could be Renninger's in Kutztown a real big mart

16 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Could be Renninger's in Kutztown a real big mart

I think you may be correct. I didn't think Kutztown sounded correct but Renninger's rings a bell. It was big, I think they sold/auctioned cars out back as well...hmmm. 

Use to go to Rice's in New Hope (Bucks County) as well when I was younger quite a bit...

Hearing a little thunder...

69F

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

I'm glad I got my ass out early and all is done...

Well it stopped moving west before it got here, but it made for some nice cool breezes while mowing! Afterwards we had a nice downpour from that cluster moving up from the south, got about 0.50" in 20 minutes, with a couple lightnings not too far away. Gets us up to 1.20" for the last 2 days, nice way to end the 2 week dry spell. 

Just now, KamuSnow said:

Well it stopped moving west before it got here, but it made for some nice cool breezes while mowing! Afterwards we had a nice downpour from that cluster moving up from the south, got about 0.50" in 20 minutes, with a couple lightnings not too far away. Gets us up to 1.20" for the last 2 days, nice way to end the 2 week dry spell. 

All good.

Grocery shopping, laundry then football/Birds tomorrow!

I think critters know critter season is almost done after the rain and their current critter outburst...

68F

1.18" in total, a good soaker. We needed it. Forecast calls for t-storms from 6am to 11pm, LOL I really, highly doubt it. 68°F right now, and has climbed a little bit in the past hour... This is not normal for this time of year, is it? There is still plenty of juice in the atmosphere, DP is 67, so we're definitely primed for more rain, we shall see if it actually happens. I keep waiting for that "traditional" pattern change that used to take place around Labor day...

7 hours ago, ChescoWx said:

Hi Mike...not the best post in Ray's history....I hope he apologizes to the forum. We should never ever devolve on a weather forum to the level of name calling and personal insults like that. I think we can all agree on that!

I agree with this. I also think we can all agree that you do have maybe just a wee little bit of bias in your data? No? You are the only one here consistently saying "Oh, look how cold it is here in East Nantmeal compared to everywhere else! Climate change and global warming are obviously false!" I mean, you haven't actually said that (have you?) but I've been here long enough to discern that that's obviously your meaning.

You're at a much higher elevation than many of the rest of us (this has been pointed out to you numerous times). Nearby weather stations at lower elevations (where most of the rest of us live) do not reflect your observations, as perfectly calibrated as they may be. As crass as this exchange may have been, how do you reconcile your empirical deviations with nearby stations that you have not cherry-picked to support your claims? (I will not throw any more graphs at you; I've already done so, and you did not provide any meaningful feedback.) Or are we all to believe that all of our observations are complete trash because our equipment isn't all NIST/NOAA certified?

We have actual meteorologists (and other scientists, myself included) on this sub, and it'd be a real shame if we lost their participance due to the obstinance of some members to recognize how science actually works. You don't find data to fit your hypothesis. You evolve your hypothesis over time because of the data, even if it means you are initially wrong. Climate change is real, sir, and no amount of shouting "East Nantmeal is getting colder!" is going to change that.

I'm done arguing with you and have decided to put you on ignore. You are an outlier here in this forum. Take that as you will, and please do enjoy your sweet, insulated life atop East Nantmeal; I've driven through it many times, and it truly does look like and sound like a lovely place to live. For now.

AS AN OBS. Hoping this heat wave breaks tomorrow. From my shitty back yard weather station:

lln8dOe.png

Cheers and goodnight everyone. Let's all put this to bed.

• Weenie 1

"Hi Mike...not the best post in Ray's history....I hope he apologizes to the forum. We should never ever devolve on a weather forum to the level of name calling and personal insults like that. I think we can all agree on that!"

OMG, 45 years of data gathering for others to enjoy and 60+ years living on this earth- crunching numbers to prove a climatological point is not just what weather is really about. Enjoying the actual daily weather change in our atmosphere by mother nature and how it affects or daily activities is what this specific thread is all about.   Weather is not just about numerology, statistics and for climatology records to drive home personal viewpoints of someones's hypothesis of local or regional climate change, its all about the personal experience of the specific weather event itself.  As a retired physical geographer with an atmospheric science degree, I can tell you what personally drives me- living through any type of weather event  that mother nature can throw at me and being able to share to  my friends, family and other colleagues my thoughts and personal experiences of that particular weather event. I guess that is why Mt. Holly wishes to hear the opinions of each storm event  from an official weather spotters like me and not just precip/temp data. Fighting over number crunching is ridiculous and pointless unless you are true climatologist  wanting to prove any type of hypothesis.  I would suggest  Ray or you start your own thread on local or regional climatology and leave the bickering of crunching numbers in that specific thread to prove a personal local climate change hypothesis, such as elevation or even ALBEDO dependencies---lol .  Thanks  guys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

37 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

"Hi Mike...not the best post in Ray's history....I hope he apologizes to the forum. We should never ever devolve on a weather forum to the level of name calling and personal insults like that. I think we can all agree on that!"

OMG, 45 years of data gathering for others to enjoy and 60+ years living on this earth- crunching numbers to prove a climatological point is not just what weather is really about. Enjoying the actual daily weather change in our atmosphere by mother nature and how it affects or daily activities is what this specific thread is all about.   Weather is not just about numerology, statistics and for climatology records to drive home personal viewpoints of someones's hypothesis of local or regional climate change, its all about the personal experience of the specific weather event itself.  As a retired physical geographer with an atmospheric science degree, I can tell you what personally drives me- living through any type of weather event  that mother nature can throw at me and being able to share to  my friends, family and other colleagues my thoughts and personal experiences of that particular weather event. I guess that is why Mt. Holly wishes to hear the opinions of each storm event  from an official weather spotters like me and not just precip/temp data. Fighting over number crunching is ridiculous and pointless unless you are true climatologist  wanting to prove any type of hypothesis.  I would suggest  Ray or you start your own thread on local or regional climatology and leave the bickering of crunching numbers in that specific thread to prove a personal local climate change hypothesis, such as elevation or even ALBEDO dependencies---lol .  Thanks  guys

Lol, yeah, that won't go well at all. Kinda like the cesspool political sub-forum where Dem/Rep bicker all day and nothing is accomplished...then they start the next day w/the same result.

Maybe just let it be...

65F/DP 64F....feeling a bit better outside.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

1.18" in total, a good soaker. We needed it. Forecast calls for t-storms from 6am to 11pm, LOL I really, highly doubt it. 68°F right now, and has climbed a little bit in the past hour... This is not normal for this time of year, is it? There is still plenty of juice in the atmosphere, DP is 67, so we're definitely primed for more rain, we shall see if it actually happens. I keep waiting for that "traditional" pattern change that used to take place around Labor day...

It may work out? Stuff seems to be more E where I've been getting screwed W....decent precip moving up.

Laundry is done, wish Walmart etc were 24/7 these days, pandemic killed it for all stores. Nothing 24/7.

east.jpg

Nut job, Psycho killer been spotted in Phoenixville, PA....shaven. A area I know well.

Reminds me of..

I can't seem to face up to the facts
I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax
I can't sleep 'cause my bed's on fire
Don't touch me, I'm a real live wire
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa-fa-fa-fa, fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa, better
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run away, oh-oh-oh
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa-fa-fa-fa, fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa, better